• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame stiffening process Part 2 of 3 finished! (PICS) TMR Frame Plates

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
So, I got the TMR frame plates installed tonight, took us forever because we sat around drinking most of the time hahaha. :laugh:

Turned out pretty decently I'd say, it's still at my buddies house on stands and disassembled, so we can finish up step 3 of 3 tomorrow. Then finally paint. Anyway, here are some pictures of the process...

Getting her all cleaned up and prepped for welding.

IMG_0589.jpg

Then we mocked up the plates, and bent them accordingly since the frame isn't exactly strait!

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

Tacked and ready to weld

IMG_0592.jpg

Lee doin' his thang!
IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Both sides done!!!
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

And then we had a visitor :D

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Anywho, it went smoothly, stay tuned tomorrow for the final chapter of the my frame stiffening saga. :firedevil

good thing you had that tire wet bottle to keep the front end from flying away.

DAMN that tarantula woulda scared the shiat outta me. That kind is the friendly kind or no?

good thing you had that tire wet bottle to keep the front end from flying away.

DAMN that tarantula woulda scared the shiat outta me. That kind is the friendly kind or no?
Haha, it's actually water, it was our primary fire extinguisher in case we had any small fires inside the frame rail or hot carpet. The secondary (real one) was there as well but those are messy, and only get broken out if needed!

And yea, the Tarantula was friendly as hell, just wanted the heat I think. It's not the first time they've ventured into his garage while I was there, I'm sure it won't be the last haha.

Make sure you cut them so that you can weld them together but still get to the "frame" between them.

Can't wait to see whats next.........haha

Lookin good Jim!

Wanna do mine next?

:D

Back