• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's OffRoad still in business??

ForrestBault

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone knows if these guys are having any trouble. I sent my money in for sliders 6 weeks ago and cant get a call back or email. Just seams weird...

Money or sliders. It would be nice to get something. :tear:

Just wondering if anyone knows if these guys are having any trouble. I sent my money in for sliders 6 weeks ago and cant get a call back or email. Just seams weird...

Money or sliders. It would be nice to get something. :tear:

PM him on here and stay on him. He may be swamped right now.

8 weeks. What a crock. All talk and no product.....

Umm......have you tried calling AJ's? Never really heard any issues with AJ's service but I have never dealt with him.

Last edited:
Huh, I've never heard anything but good things about him... he's a vendor on here, check the vendor forum and see if he's posted recently I guess?

I'm waiting on a bumper from him and have been in contact with him over the past 2-3 months.

Personal issues take precedent over business in this case. I won't speak for him though.

That said, he makes some of the best quality products on the market. I have no problem waiting for something that I know is going to be top notch and am willing to give him time.

I agree on waiting for the good stuff too. But dont make up claims on when/what is being done. Just be honest and return phone calls. Simple.
From what I heard it's a great product and a great guy.

I'm waiting on a bumper from him and have been in contact with him over the past 2-3 months.

Personal issues take precedent over business in this case. I won't speak for him though.

That said, he makes some of the best quality products on the market. I have no problem waiting for something that I know is going to be top notch and am willing to give him time.

Again, I'm not going to speak for the guy, but sometimes life throws things at you that you have no control or foresight of.

I think he deserves a break is all I'm going to say.

The lesson I'm learning from this + the assorted selarep debacles (not lumping the two together, just comparing): if I become a vendor, keep units in stock and don't accept payment till I ship...

Custom work obviously gets handled differently.

AJ runs a small shop that makes awesome products. He's worth the wait, and if he promised something & didn't deliver, it's because Life threw him a(nother) curve ball.

I also know, from speaking with a lot of vendors (both in offroad shops and in construction product manufacturers) that when it does get busy right now, it's short-term, and no one is comfortable hiring another person to help, as it'll slow right back down & they'll have to let the person go. No one can afford extra payroll right now.

A lot of quality shops are in the same bind right now. I know AJ really wishes his turnaround time was as great as his product is, but sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Hang in there if you can, and be patient.

I worked with AJ over the summer on a second order of super rails for my second XJ. He was willing to do some extra beefy mods on some damaged rails that he was trying to sell, which I thought was very cool of him. I would have loved to sport his unique designs.

Unfortunately, after weeks of sporadic contact and no follow-through in sight, I had to back away and go another route.

His stuff is top quality. I'm sure he was just very busy with other builds. I'd use him again in a heartbeat if guaranteed a completed and timely transaction.

I believe it may be in AJ's best interest to post something on his website that outlines his sporadic communication and long production/shipping times.

I can only speak for myself in saying that if I ran a business, I'd rather be up front with my customers than leave them in the dark. I mean, if there are personal issues tell people! They'll be far more understanding than if they hear nothing at all.

My .02 anyway.

I agree with you, NAST1EST, but I've had poor service from nearly all vendors for a variety of reasons. Well, all but Fred from Ruff Stuff. He outshines the rest.

To clarify, I'm not bashing AJ at all. He does great work.

I believe it may be in AJ's best interest to post something on his website that outlines his sporadic communication and long production/shipping times.

I can only speak for myself in saying that if I ran a business, I'd rather be up front with my customers than leave them in the dark. I mean, if there are personal issues tell people! They'll be far more understanding than if they hear nothing at all.

My .02 anyway.

x2

Back