• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tonoclay

Ben H

NAXJA Forum User
I stopped by the Napa Auto in Shaver to see what happened to Clay. They said he was able to walk away, but paramedics were called in. I hope nothing serious happened to you or the dog. If you are up to it fill us in. Total bummer man.

We stopped by as well and spoke to the Tow truck Driver who towed his rig. He said he was bleedig but ok. No word on his dog though :-(

We took some pictures (not uploaded yet). The rig is completely totaled. Apparently that corner on Dinkey Creek Road is natorious for accidents. A car pulled out in front of Clayton, he slammed on his breaks and hit the car from behind. That caused him to lose control and roll.

Hope you're ok Calyton......

If anyone has an update on his (or his dogs) status, please post up.

Is his rig completely totaled?

Last edited:
B.C. - Loren went into town for Breakfast and saw Clayton's rig sitting in the tow yard at Napa. We stopped on our way out.

Salerep - The Jeep is completely totaled. The roof was caved in, front window completely smashed and the body was taco'd. It was VERY creepy to see up close. I am surprised he got out ok, thay is how bad it is.

Aaron (DSXJ) took some pix and we shoud have them up soon.

From what the tow truck driver told us, someone came out in front of Clayton while he was heading out Dinkey Creak Road. He breaked and locked up all four tires and then struck the car that pulled out in front of him. The collision caused his car to pitch and roll. Apprently everyone including Bella walked away ok with some cuts and bumps. Beyond that I have not heard much. I hope that he and Bella are alright and in good hands. If there is anything that I or others can do please let me know.

Here are the pictures I took of Clayton's Rig in the auto yard:
ClaytonRoll4.jpg

ClaytonRoll1.jpg

ClaytonRoll2.jpg

ClaytonRoll3.jpg

ClaytonRoll5.jpg

ClaytonRoll7.jpg

ClaytonRoll6.jpg

Dam hope that guy is okay i have never seen a Cherokee that destroyed before. Except pick and pull. Hope you are both okay let us all know.

damn, that sucks so much! I have been back and fort on building a cage...well this made my mind up for me. these xj's just don't do well in roll overs. I'm gonna get a tube bender and build one in the next few months (Ben H remember I was looking for another project). and as I write this I just got a call from Clayton....Bella's O.K. I guess I should of asked how Clayton was ;). I think he will probably post on here shortly, but he is ok, went to work last night(total stud!), and is bummed out about his ride. I told him that everybody was really concerned about Bella and also somewhat concerned about him ;) . and we definately need to build u a cage bro!

Time to help him get another rig! I got an email from him saying all is well but he did get 36 stitches!!!

36 stitches it could have been a lot worse. He should contact blodejon about selling his old rig for parts. Get some money for his new rig.

Ok I'm here. Been taking care of all the crap I now face, picked up the jeep yesterday and a friend is letting me store I at his property in tollhouse. I feel like I have lost something or somebody close to me, a part of me is missing!! I know it sounds gay but when u put that much effort into a rig, all the work done with my pop or close friends, it tears u up.

U guys are well informed and even tho I was gunna post pics Aaron's are pretty much what mine look like, they speak for themselves! The tow driver, Andrew, had it rite too an LA city slicker (in a stock Cherokee no less) pulled out of a blind ass corner and took his time deciding on braking or gassing it!! It was an uphill 20* rt hand turn or so. I remember looking up at the hill to the rt and seeing dust and I thot something was up there, a horse some wild cows little did I think this guy wld be dumb enuf to pull out on the downhill side of a huge tunout where he cldnt see traffic coming at all. He gassed it I slammed on the brakes and tried swerve but it was of no use. When I looked at the skid marks they were straight which from my insurance friend is a good thing. Anyway, I hit him basically with my left headlite on his lft tail lite. The impact bent my lft axle control arm mount and my drag link. This I think caused the jeep to swerve hard left and rolled over. I remember saying out loud, "oh no!" Pretty lame but I knew that was it. I actually caught some air cuz when the roof hit it was on the driver A pillar, eat ur hrt out Eric!! Haha. The roof crushed in and forced me into a pretzel. Bella hit the ceiling but when she came down I caught her. When everything stopped I was upside down with the shifter in my face. I turned the ignition off unbuckled my belt and shimmied out the passnger window as I lifted Bella out. The bloody hand mark speaks for itself, pulled myself out while the other driver asked me if I was ok, ya I'm great, mr sensitive!!

Fire was there first, then HP then ems then the tow truck. No one saw it but ppl were there rite after. I guess the ppl who called, verizon had service, said someone was pinned under, then the second was I was pinned in, and the whole time I'm walking around bleeding from my hand, which the windshield crushed, and head. I was looking for my phone!!!! An old man found it and didn't know what it was, haha. My $50 Otter Box for the iPhone saved it for sure cuz the mount it was on was destroyed.

EMS were dicks, all pissed I didn't want to go with them. They took me away b4 I cld watch the guy roll it over. Douche bags. Then I signed the refusal form and took that ugly c-spine collar off and went back to my car. Wallet was in the glove box and I had to get it out, dicks. I got a ride from the tow driver and hung out in Shaver til my rents got there. The whole time atthe site no Jeeps came by w/a winch, I was hoping to shoo the tow guy off so I didn't have to spent $570 to get it towed. Got a trailer up there yesterday and got some of the doors open to get my stuff out. There was blood everywhere. I'm sure that grate saved me from flying debris too, thank god.

Thank u guys so much for ur concern. It does make me feel a little better to know ppl wish me well. Great pic Dave, hilarious!! Didn't get say bye to the 3 I wheeled in with, Dave, Brian BOD, and Nicci. Great wheelin with u guys and thanks for the company I had a great time. Too bad most of u gents and lady live elsewhere, let me know when u wheel this way again--Mark, Aaron, Eric, Ben, Dave, Lauren, Ed, Jon and everyone else thanks for a great time.

Had to get 32 stitches in my hand and finger and 3 on my head. I was pretty lite hearted the whole time, an ER nurse from Tulare was checking my spine and neck and I told her to keep going, lower, lower hey do u want my #, lol. She told me to ask her bf, I told him I was kidding, haha! I was so freaking dirty in the er the nurse had to clean me off to see if I had more wounds.

At this point I'm going thru all my receipts which I had a file for and entering them into an excel spreadsheet to make it easier for the adjuster to determine my vehicles worth. I've pretty much found everything. I'm just hoping the other driver didn't bend his story or is gunna change it so I get nothing. The tow driver told me the driver got to shaver and chickened out about driving it. Even tho the damage was veeeerrryyy minimal, the tow driver said it looked like trail damage. Taillite and hatch window, rear quarter and some bumper work. Chicken ass mf.

I'll try and buy it back from the ins company and disassemble. Everything is still good running gear, drive train, and suspension wise so when he time comes I'll find a straight body with windows and such. Who knows what will happen. Hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

Thanks again everyone

Hey... I know of a guy that may be selling a clean body 97 2 door with a decent lift for cheap... Good axles too!

Back