• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New offroad business name?

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
K so heres the story. I've been building custom lifts and other parts for me, my brothers and friends for our cherokees. Probably about once a week i get someone who asks me where i bought my lift from and how they can get it. So i decided to start marketing my products but need some sort of business name. One of my friends thought it would be a funny idea to kinda make fun of toyotas "TRD" symbol on the back of there trucks and come up with something like "JWD" or "JWT", Jeep Wheeling Developement or Teck. Then we thought "BFJ" Big F'in Jeeps but it doesnt exactly seem like a proper name lol. Since Evan is one of the other guys involved in this process I left him up to the ideas. His latest name was "XJT" or Extreme Jeep Teck. This might sound like a stupid question but does anyone have any ideas?

Try to pick a name that makes sense, not a name that has a cool acronym. If you make a good product, the name will carry, even without the cool initials.

Trying to make the initials spell something cool is how we end up with the convoluted names on legislative initiatives.

Last edited:
Try to pick a name that makes sense, not a name that has a cool acronym. If you make a good product, the name will carry, even without the cool initials.

Trying to make the initials spell something cool is how we ind up with the convoluted names on legislative initiatives.

Also OP, remember that you are not reinventing the wheel just lifting Jeeps!

Trying to make the initials spell something cool is how we end up with the convoluted names on legislative initiatives.

Its been working pretty well for Clayton Offroad.

Don't forget to get stickers made:lecture:

mudder trucking 4x4

PWT Fab

(Poor White Trash)

I used that slogan on one of my Omni drag cars. I got a lot of attention and people remembered what it meant.

I was planning on stickers and the initials laser cut into my cross member bumpers and slid plates. i like the whole rustys and clayton and such but my first name is kris and last name froehlich. nothing too catchy or distinctive not to mention nobody can say my last name right. lol so the whole xj Teck thing sounds to cheesy or unoriginal?

Side note. i dont want people to think i only do work on cherokees.

He's misspelled like 2 words, You trolling tonight?

He misspelled "tech" repeatedly. I noticed but I was giving him a break, it is the holidays after all :D

Oh, wow missed that completely! :doh:

call it froelich suspension technology, the name isnt everything...

quality is more important, stay away from 'teck', sounds just as lame as 'critical path'

I know how to spell technology and i know how to spell tech. i spelled it that way on purpose and slid wasn't a misspelled word but a typo. Which stands for typographical error if you want to get into grammer and spelling.

More personal opinion:
Maybe this is an "old guy" thing, but intentionally misspelled words, and numbers replacing words or letters in a business name don't do it for me. My first impression is "that's stupid", which is probably not the first impression you want to generate.

Last edited:
And a lot of people hate laser cut emblems out of skids and bumpers and such. You're trying too hard if you do that.

Back