• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lockers! what ya running and why?

Full case Detroit, trutrac, Detroit locker? 3 different things?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Go with the full case, it's got to be one of the strongest units out there and a excellent choice!

Go with the full case, it's got to be one of the strongest units out there and a excellent choice!
Here's your chance to provide valuable information...

In my opinion the full case detroit and grizzly sure can't be any weaker than the open carrier with a locker in it.
Im amazed by my grizzly. I wonder if the lunch box lockers work as well just not quite as strong

I ran alot of miles in 4wd today and didn't ounce here the grizzly ratchet. Climbed over some vertical rocks at slow slow crawl that I could do before but had to finagle around and hit the perfect line with alittle umfff because the front didn't want to pull it self up. The welded rear would walk sideways.

When I was researching lockers deciding on grizzly or Detroit I didn't really come across any failures in dana 30s heck not even lunch box lockers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Swapping axles. Dana 44s

I have a locker in the rear, but I don't refer to my rig as "locked" unless the locker is engaged.

If someone tells me they are driving a locked rig I am going to think they mean they are running a spool or a Lincoln (or Miller) locker.

I don't know if the variance is regional or personal, but I do not think it is safe to assume that if you tell someone your rig is "locked" they will understand that it is sometimes locked and sometimes not. More clarification is needed if you actually want people to understand.
Hey, that's a good point... maybe it is regional. I know when I'm leading a large run we'll go down the line of rigs and ask anyone I don't recognize.. "you locked or open"? Typical responses are "ya, locked in the rear" or "I'm open" Maybe it's a slang in my area. I don't need to clarify spooled or welded cause you can pick those rigs out of the line up easily.

e- locker front, detroit locker rear, just works. lsd & trutracs are a waste of money. imo, if ur really wheeling it.

I can attest to this. I’m on 35s and it over powers the trutrac when you need it most. Both front and rear get overpowered when I snow wheel and on rocks and it happens a lot. Holding the brake just doesn’t cut it. Currently installing ARBs. The trutracs have been great for icy roads.

Power Trax no slip in my D30, open rear 8.25. In the past I ran Lock Rights but the No Slip truly is smoother.

ACTUAL QUESTION:
Has anyone run an auto locker (see above) with hydro assist??

I run a front spool with full hydraulic steering, if that is close enough. Sticky 37s, drive flanges.

No issues steering, the ram forces the knuckles over to where you want them.

I run a front spool with full hydraulic steering, if that is close enough. Sticky 37s, drive flanges.

No issues steering, the ram forces the knuckles over to where you want them.
THANK YOU

Yes close enough, I'd say better

Climbed over some vertical rocks at slow slow crawl that I could do before but had to finagle around and hit the perfect line with alittle umfff because the front didn't want to pull it self up. The welded rear would walk sideways.

That pushing/walking is why the selectable locker goes in the back, if you have one.

True. All gone.

If money was a concern I'd leave rear open and run a grizzly or Detroit in the front.

Sometimes the walking sideways is good it finds better lines then I pick

True. All gone.

If money was a concern I'd leave rear open and run a grizzly or Detroit in the front.

Sometimes the walking sideways is good it finds better lines then I pick

Driving by brail!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can't imagine running no rear locker. lift a tire and you're basically stuck, no?

Back