• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Edit: just saw you're out of Houston. Might not be too bad if the price is right.

Looking at ordering the kit from Russ and building it myself. Not opposed to picking up one ready to go from Dallas though

Aww good point.

Are you able to build the stroker yourself or are you going to buy one? Are you around DFW? I know a guy that built one for his and he has a shop. Redemption Offroad

https://www.facebook.com/RedemptionOffroad

http://www.redemptionoffroad.com/

Looking at ordering the kit from Russ and building it myself. Not opposed to picking up one ready to go from Dallas though

Reach out to him. He may not do engine builds anymore. His shop has gotten pretty busy.

Reach out to him. He may not do engine builds anymore. His shop has gotten pretty busy.

I shot them an inquiry on their facebook page

Anyone know any good machine shops/engine builders in Texas

what about buying a rebuilt long block?

When my motor went, I just went to a junk yard and bought one for like $500 and then put that in. Have had it since about 2006.

About to get my transmission rebuilt though.

what about buying a rebuilt long block?

When my motor went, I just went to a junk yard and bought one for like $500 and then put that in. Have had it since about 2006.

About to get my transmission rebuilt though.

I’d just replace the head and send it in that case.

If I’m gonna go through the effort of pulling the motor I want something with more power

Took the jeep to the transmission shop...Hopefully my p0700 code that I've had for almost a decade will be fixed lol

the coolant wrecked my tranny, probably will need to clutches if not a full rebuild

Got my parking brake adjusted/working again last night.

Attempted to bleed the rear brakes but looks like one of the lines has a bad flare, so its leaking at the fitting. Gotta replace that then try again.

3 day weekend coming up, so I plan to pull the valve cover and see if I can confirm the head crack. That determines whats next with the motor.

Also painted the new crossmember for the SFR long arms.

Drove it to work. The leak at the PS gearbox input shaft has gotten worse but not to bad. May throw some AT205 reseal in there and see what happens.

got it back from the transmission shop. They said they had to replace the torq converter I just had replaced due to clutch material being all in the fluid.

On the drive home it drove great!

Now to get it inspected...that should have been done in september...haha

Brakes are fixed. Parking brake works great now, can lock up the rear tires

Ive had the transfer case out of the Jeep for a few weeks now. Tore it apart and figured out what I messed up. The last parts I need should be showing up today. Going to put the tcase back together, get it reinstalled, and finish the front diff fluid change then should be good to go!

Ive had the transfer case out of the Jeep for a few weeks now. Tore it apart and figured out what I messed up. The last parts I need should be showing up today. Going to put the tcase back together, get it reinstalled, and finish the front diff fluid change then should be good to go!

Awesome man!

I got my jeep back from the tranny shop on Thursday. Drove it home and it did great! Drove this morning to put some more miles on it and again, drove great! It's nice to have a working jeep again!

Now to do the SYE/driveshaft and hopefully I can then drive over 60mph haha

Also bought the low side horn(driver side) for the jeep so that it can pass inspection...that's been out since September lol

Back