• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Ya, the play on the centering pin isn’t gonna fly. I like the idea of grinding a hex head bolt and then using vice grips to score it... only problem I foresee is the IRO spring holes are smaaaaalll af. Not to keen on drilling out every leaf.

Got to pick my poison I guess.

At a stand still right now anyhow-

4wp forked up my axle shafts when doing the seals... dunno wtf the guy was smoking but he just tossed spacer needed for my disc kit. Soooo they have to track them down, Currie, and lord knows when I will get em back.

That’s been the story ever since I turned the first wrench on this Jeep though, so wasn’t even surprised.

I wouldn't let that place work on my jeep for free lol

Not having a press it seemed like the best line of attack...

And obviously that wasn’t the case.. except I definitely won’t be paying them for labor on screwing up my time line and throwing parts away. I’m almost certain they are going to reuse the new bearings they have to remove which will piss me off. Gonna be a thorough inspection before I leave with my shafts... whenever ever the hell that is

I wouldn't let that place work on my jeep for free lol

Yeah... they did my buddies YJ back in 2000 they did gears and forgot to fill the pumpkins ... they fought him tooth and nail on that and never covered the mistake.

But for what it's worth I wheeled holy cross on the 4th and there were a lot of shop employed people in shop built rigs that I wouldn't trust to wax my treps.

Steering is finally going out, time for some new rod ends and track bar bushings. Hit a pot hole on I-70 on the way back from Buena Vista doing about 80 and all hell broke loose. She’s got the wobbles now.

Steering is finally going out, time for some new rod ends and track bar bushings. Hit a pot hole on I-70 on the way back from Buena Vista doing about 80 and all hell broke loose. She’s got the wobbles now.

New starter. Second starter in 30 years on the 3rd engine. :)
I figured we’d be able to hit the like button on posts by now. Lol
Back in the day we had a reputation button...kind of like a "like" button. The problem was that the members were not adult enough to not make a game of screwing with it and we had to remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured we’d be able to hit the like button on posts by now. Lol
Back in the day we had a reputation button...kind of like a "like" button. The problem was that the members were not adult enough to not make a game of screwing with it and we had to remove it.

Mallcrawlin had this feature too... I think the game became who could become the biggest ass and have the most red bubbles

Going to WJ steering and need 16" wheels so after 16 years I finally got wheels with the correct backspacing.

i-hwrFDqk-XL.jpg

Finally got my project MJ back in a garage to finish. Got a ways to go but happy to have a spot to f around with it. After moving and the cluster f of last year it's progress. Currently has waggy 44's, 4.27's with ARB front and Aubrun rear, 3 link, ax15, 242, renix/HO hybird. Need to finish up the wiring, suspension, brakes, and bunch of other little things.

khGEJvdl.jpg

ygKdwWnl.jpg

Looks good! You moved back to the front range?

Thanks, no idea when I'm going to work on it but hopefully here soon. Yeah moved back to Littleton. Bunch of reasons why and while I miss certain things nice to be back. New neighbor has a XJ on 37s in shambles in his garage. He got burnt out on it so maybe I'll convince him to get his junk going when I got mine. Always told him my garage will gladly accept a donation......

Thanks, no idea when I'm going to work on it but hopefully here soon. Yeah moved back to Littleton. Bunch of reasons why and while I miss certain things nice to be back. New neighbor has a XJ on 37s in shambles in his garage. He got burnt out on it so maybe I'll convince him to get his junk going when I got mine. Always told him my garage will gladly accept a donation......

Donations are a great thing!! Let me know when you get the Manche done and we will do some wheeling!

Got my AirBake heat shield on and making progress on the insulation upgrade on the interior. Killmat with some insulation I bought years ago. Vac and wash the carpets and seats. Ordered some wrap for the muffler. Hope it all helps the noise and heat, I was shocked how hot the floor got when the carpet was out!

Back