• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PSA: Change your water pump - WPLM!

splitkooks

shredder
NAXJA Member
Ive named my XJ Karen. Karen was born in 1990.

Replaced her water pump, and complete cooling system - only to discover an OEM water pump.

WPLM I tell you, Water pump lives matter!

IMG-20200623-184428.jpg

IMG-20200623-184431.jpg

IMG-20200623-184434.jpg

IMG-20200623-184447.jpg

IMG-20200623-184452.jpg

100% Stoked on her FlowKooler upgrade, so we will see how everything performs in the long run.

How do know that it's the original pump? Be aware that Flow-Kooler pumps don't have the best rep.

Return that flow kooler, buy a stock replacement and put the extra money in your gas tank.

It could have been an OEM replacement pump at some time in it's life. The impeller still looks new.

I have had a flow Kooler on my 97 for 2 years, I like it. I did put an OEM mopar on my 2000 trail rig and it works just as well. I will say that the mopar one was USA made, and way nicer feeling then the $30 parts store unit. I can only guess that it has nicer seals and bearings inside of it.

The OEM pump is the best... period. It amazes me that people replace it with an aftermarket. It's not even expensive.

No, the Hesco is best but very few people are willing to pay the price for one!

Back