• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ need a new radiator

HuntFish 01XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have had a 3 row csf radiator for the past 6 years, I had to replace it once already under warranty for a leak. The replacement is now leaking in the same spot🤦*♂️.

Looking for suggestions on what to go with now.

After trying Spectra's and having them repeatedly fail around the 2 year mark, I switched to Mopar's from the dealer and haven't had any problems with them. 52079682AF.

Genuine Jeep parts fit better and last longer.

Don't forget, to replace the rubber absorption bushes. They don't like being fitted to tight. Leading to cracking at joints etc.
Lost faith in radiator flush chemicals available in OZ,
Almost drinkable!
Mate and I ended up draining the system that was gunned up with straight cheap cleaning vinegar, ran it for and hour and, soaked over night, ran it again for and hour .
Flushed well.
Did a great job.
Not for everyone perhaps.....

Sent out the old csf 3 row radiator. Has it repaired and I installed it, so far no leaks. Best part is the company my job uses for this service repaired it under "customer appreciation " and didnt charge me a dime.

Sent out the old csf 3 row radiator. Has it repaired and I installed it, so far no leaks. Best part is the company my job uses for this service repaired it under "customer appreciation " and didnt charge me a dime.

That's awesome! I still have my leaking 3 Row CSF Aluminum radiator sitting beside my work bench in my garage... can't bring myself to throw out all that pretty aluminum, even if it does have a slight leak.

Back