• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the NWC dead?

You guys post about the NWC being dead, but don't do anything to contribute to it staying alive.

If you want to see activity, contribute! Post a build thread, add a post to the random thoughts thread, picture of the day thread, or better yet post an event in the staging area. Maybe others want to get out and wheel too, but don't have a group to go with?

We will be looking for a board of directors for 2020 next month. All of you commenting on how quiet the NWC is, now is your chance to walk the walk. If all you want to do is talk, then I'll gladly keep one of the seats warm and the lights on. :D

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Torx, any info on the TSF trip you mentioned next month? I don't know any of the local members, but would enjoy coming out for some trail riding if it's suitable for a lightly built rig

We had a meet n greet a couple of years ago. It was nice to meet everyone in person. It would be great if we could do that more often. I'm not able to make the offroad events because of my work schedule unless I can schedule out way in advance.

We could also have a shop day or garage day where we could meet up and work on a project together or just BS in the driveway with a cold one staring at the Jeeps saying 'yep' or something else non coherent. Que the King of the hill scene. lol

There are at least 2 other lifted XJ's in my neighborhood and yet I've never talked to the owners. Again my stupid work schedule.

Probable be starting a build thread soon. I want to build LAs front and rear. Will need some help.

That would be fun. A recent move into an apartment has left me with minimal opportunities for driveway beer drinking and wrench turning.

Hi. :wave1:

The Jeep's always ready to hit the trail. Just re-vamped my front bumps, and itching to get a trip in soon. Then it's snow season!

I'd love to see some posting again. I tapered off my posting mostly because I felt like I was wasting my time when all you get is crickets.

I know a few of us will be making our annual pilgrimage (14th year!) to TSF next month if anyone wants to come out an play. :dunno:

Got any dates for this? I might be willing to come out and camp if somebody has seat space for me. Still have an XJ but recently purchased an LJ that will likely be my future rig.

Torx, any info on the TSF trip you mentioned next month? I don't know any of the local members, but would enjoy coming out for some trail riding if it's suitable for a lightly built rig

Got any dates for this? I might be willing to come out and camp if somebody has seat space for me. Still have an XJ but recently purchased an LJ that will likely be my future rig.

It's our "Thanksgiving Run" that we do every year. A few of us will be camped out for the weekend after Thanksgiving. All are welcome to join in, come out for the day, or camp out with us all weekend.

I will try and get a thread up with details in the Staging Area soon.

Greenz, we are over due for a meet-n-greet for sure!

Well, unless things go way better than they have any right to, I'm probably out for next month. My Jeep got stolen last night and I don't have much faith that it'll be in anything like the condition it was in if/when I get it back

Ya since both my jeeps went back burner, I haven't visited or anything for a bit. I'd try and be a Vice President like before but it's hard trying to navigate and coordinate raffle prizes and items for nwfest and other items when I'm jeepless and trying to buy a house lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how can we motivate people to be more active in this chapter again? The Sierra Chapter recently went through a period of time where not much was happening, but it seems to have picked back up well. Is there anything Naxja can do? Maybe set up an official run to try to bring interest back to the forum? I'd be willing to volunteer some time to get things happening again. Maybe theme it similar to a gambler run (trail cleanups) or something like that.

Where are people coordinating runs? I sold my XJ as people were transitioning to Facebook.. I don't care to use it.

I am down. Who wants to wheel this weekend?

Posting to keep the chapter alive.

Some of you might not know that I'm half way through a six month work assignment in Arizona. Went wheeling with a friend yesterday in his Chevy Silverado and a group of his co-workers. We did the Montana Mountain loop trail. It was a blast but all I heard was, "Not sure if I can make this" blah, blah, blah. LOL! We did fine but I'm so missing my XJ. It was a lot of fun going out. Rookies were airing down to 28 PSI lol. We did get to help an old fella jump start his Ram after him and his buddy spent a couple of hours change a tire. Good times wheeling and seeing a new part of the country.
By2BMqj.jpg

Zkf9Rk9.jpg

p6Ly9Hd.jpg

gEMFsKG.jpg

Vf3QGBC.jpg

UGd7Uky.jpg

IhKGua9.jpg

Years ago I started a new career and got divorced. Traded off my jeep for a mustang. Apparently I haven't logged in since 2011 right when life changed up. But, 2 weeks ago I bought a jeep from my late friends mom. He use to be a member here. His naxja name was thethinginthewoods.
Welcome back to jeep life :wave1:

I'm still alive.

The Jeep hasn't been started or moved since April. On a roll this year. :rolleyes:

Next trip out will likely be Thanksgiving weekend again, the one time a year us OG's actually still wheel.

Elections are coming up in November. I'm ready to pass the torch off to anyone who's interested. Not sure any of the current BOD will run again. It's not worth it to me to just to be a place holder. If nobody is interested, we may need to discuss turning the lights off.

I'd be interested in keeping the torch lit. I think we could bring more people to the chapter if we advertise trips to specific locations that are less challenging but still fun.. unfortunately that is the way things are trending (more about the views than the rocks). Or longer trips to bucket list spots (Moab for example). I bet there are a bunch of people that would want to go on these types of trips that have no idea NAXJA even exists. It would be a good way to get exposure.

Also, facebook groups/instagram have taken over. I'm not a fan of either, but that's where people like to post since they can have all of their groups/interests in one place. I'd be happy to help promote NAXJA on these platforms and set up trips. I've been itching to get back out there and finally have the XJ set up well enough. Covid obviously doesn't help, but it also has made offroading/camping more popular as people try to do something outside of the house and "socially distanced".

Back