• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Spent the day welding with my welder tarped as I got
soaked from , Snow , sleet , hail, and cold ass rain...we had snow in the trees and when I came inside after 10 hours I was ice cold and stiff as F $#% from being out in that in jeans and t-shirt...and soaked, but geez how could this be Al Gore said by now snow would be a thing of the past and global warming is supposed to be "warm".

Cut off part of my driver side upper mount to weld on flex joint like the Johnny joint weld on upper...lol...the welds turned out like shyt as there was no way to get a good position and my hobofreight Vulcan hood was not working well it would air darken and go full dark I couldn't see crap , it was a swear fest getting that joint welded on...plus I did not take the joint apart so I had to be careful about putting to much dwell time into it and cover it in wet rags ...I welded on the shank the same way...lol...they appear to be fine welding them up without pulling the guts . Now I just need to drill out the frame side for the 3/4 bolts which is going to be fun with limited access and then get the old clevite out and the synergy dodge ram bushing in ...they are the same as the jeep just with an 18mm thru bolt .

Any one care to spitball ideas for this infernal CEL?
If a pro shop can't find it I'm really hurting

We're you ever able to get a pic of the scoped patterns? They really need to be scoped together to see where they land. From the verified patterns I looked at the cam sensor should be rising dead center betwee 2 sets of crank pulses (the crank signal consists of 3 sets of 4 pulses). There has also been guys who have removed the distributor key to rotate the distributor to dial in the cam and crank timing.

No I would have to get him to hook it all back up to get another reading. I can call tomorrow and see if it's a viable option, they offered my money back but perhaps they'll go ahead and be able to retest and give me some photos of the scope.

Hello all,

Im having a severe issue with my Jeep just recently. When I go 30-45mph I start hearing a very loud clicking noise coming from the engine compartment/ deep in the dash on the drivers side. The sound is awful. Please share your ideas with me, or private message me other wise.

Thanks

The clicking noise doesn’t get louder with higher or lower rpms. Just the speed in the 30-40 range. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with this forum so I don’t know how to upload the video I have.

Hello all,

Im having a severe issue with my Jeep just recently. When I go 30-45mph I start hearing a very loud clicking noise coming from the engine compartment/ deep in the dash on the drivers side. The sound is awful. Please share your ideas with me, or private message me other wise.

Thanks

Front driveshaft coming apart? Crawl under and give it a good shake down or remove it and go drive and see if noise is gone.

The current set up has so much more traction than what I had before and steep ledges don't have a light front end feeling... Had to put it away before the locals got pissed from all the dirt wall climbs on our back dirt roads . It's not done but it is the first time I've driven it since January 2018.

The current set up has so much more traction than what I had before and steep ledges don't have a light front end feeling... Had to put it away before the locals got pissed from all the dirt wall climbs on our back dirt roads . It's not done but it is the first time I've driven it since January 2018.

I can't remember now, what all did you change from previous?

I can't remember now, what all did you change from previous?

Almost everything ... Buy getting rid of the inadequate $35 cheap white body shock and general purpose coil spring is night and day difference in terms of axle control keeping the tire face planted . I did however change many other things it's 6 inches lon 4 front 2 rear .

Was going to keep the Yukon alloy shafts and just order new super joints to replace the ones I neglected to grease for a few years...lol...never even put zerks back in them even so they are still functional just galled up some...but the damn super joints are about 50% the cost of a complete new set of Yukon shafts with new super joints...so finally decided to order the RCV shaftoday...lol...ouch , but they should require less maintenance than the Yukon style joint and be stronger when giving it has with wheel turned ...its just hard to spend 3k on axles without blushing.

I have 4 ...2.5 Johnny joints with a 1-14 shank 9/16 thru bolt that were my rear upper control arm joints all in good shape.

I have 2 ...2.5 Johnny joints with the 1.25-12 shank 9/16 thru bolt. these were my front frame side joints . Both in great shape

I have 2 ...2.0 johnny joints with 1-14 shank 7/16th thru bolt these were the upper radius arm joint to the lower arm both in great shape.

If I ever get around to drilling out the rear upper mounts for 3/4 to install the summit machine joints I'll have 4 more 2.5 Johnny joints with 1.25-12 shanks

These aren't for sale but if someone is building a suspension they would be better used there rather than sit in a box collecting dust.

Back