• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Nope, gas, 2.4 and fwd. I’ve gotten it three times. 35 mpg at 60mph is normal. The new generation equinox diesel gets up to 45 mpg though. At interstate speeds I get about 30.

I am all about smiles per mile, I could care less about MPG...

give me all the hp/tq!

I’ve got a 2.4 equinox disassembled in my garage right now ... I wish you the best of luck !

Oil consumption? If we start having issues after I get my next vehicle, I will dump the equinox no problem.

One of my biggest regrets is trading my 87 monte carlo SS for a dodge neon, because it was a fuel saver. Ever since that dark year I haven't really worried about mpg. The taco is pretty good I guess, I can get a full week of to work and backs on a single fill up and that's all that really matters to me. Even the "gas saver" SVT contour I was fueling up every 4 work days.

Second happiest car related day was the day the tow truck picked up our Chevy PO-SS. What a pile of garbage. 5000 lb car, with a carbed 305 and a 200R and billing it as a performance car. Those engineers deserve to be nut punched repeatedly.

edcd00f3faa3c363c45b5c8826a832bf.jpg

7d83923015d2ed9e5e0ef2ea4e5e38ab.jpg

My dad decided that he wanted a mower lift. Since Mom is gone, I'm his voice of reason...

mac 'you can see how things are working out' gyvr

edcd00f3faa3c363c45b5c8826a832bf.jpg

7d83923015d2ed9e5e0ef2ea4e5e38ab.jpg

My dad decided that he wanted a mower lift. Since Mom is gone, I'm his voice of reason...

mac 'you can see how things are working out' gyvr

I always tell my dad, that it's his money, he earned it, do what he wants. But have a plan for whatever you buy because I have to deal with it once you are gone.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I always tell my dad, that it's his money, he earned it, do what he wants. But have a plan for whatever you buy because I have to deal with it once you are gone.

We had a discussion about a lift like this one, or something that would lift a car also. I was a little scared of the temporary car lifts that will hold 6k. They weren't much more than this one either.

In the future (with in the next 2 years) we will likely get/build a house with a shop that dad and I will share. We are already making sure we don't buy new tools that the other one already has.

So, we decided that a nice mower/motorcycle lift now and move it into the new place and buy a legit 2 post lift for vehicles in the future. Plus this is pretty manageable to move around (500 lbs), the temp car lifts weight 1200 lbs...

mac 'there was some thought involved' gyvr

^ so what did you break pulling that tractor out?

^ so what did you break pulling that tractor out?

Tractor wasn't stuck...

He was pushing on the stump and I was pulling...

mac 'team effort' gyvr

The new pile of junk has death wobble. As I go through the steps to cure it, I'm fixing some cheap lift stuff done to it. I have to get an extended track bar for it. I seem some that use a heim at the frame side rather than a TRE or double shear. Do these work okay? Any issues with them? It's going on a pile that will 95% on the road.

I personally will never run a heim on anything that is going to see a good percentage of road time. They wear out way too fast and then are noisy and annoying.

I would run a TRE.

mac 'my 2 cents' gyvr

So...I'm a little grumpy with the shop my dad has been using for years and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm a little ticked off about it.

Recently, I bought my dads 03 silverado. It has 140k on the clock and the interior is great, but it is a rusty pile like a lot of gm trucks of that era. Recently he had two brake lines rust out pretty much back to back and he took it to his preferred shop to fix it a few months ago. So the brakes have been getting spongy (i didn't really check the truck out too thoroughly since I paid him $600 for it). I've also noticed fluid on the ground so I decided to do some investigating. It appears the shop didn't remove the old lines, instead they zip tied them UNDER the frame instead of where they are supposed to go on top. They also ran one of the lines too close to the steering shaft (its not secured to anything) and its rubbed enough on the shaft and now it has a hole and is weeping brake fluid. I honestly don't care about fixing it myself...I'm really just pissed that he paid money to have a repair done and they did it in the laziest way possible. My dad takes his trucks hunting and fishing so they see time offroad in some pretty uneven terrain. It would not be impossible for him to hit something and cut both of those brake lines...so what would you do? I told my dad that he should really inspect their work to show them what they did from now on and that he shouldn't go there anymore for brakes. Am I overreacting?

brake lines.jpg Brake lines2.jpg brakes 2.jpg

Not overreacting, find a new shop. Theres cheap and theres doing it wrong cheap. Those trucks have gobs of room to snake the new lines on Top of tbe frame around the fuel tank. Going under the frame is beyond lazy.

I'd be pretty pissed off too. My dad always takes his trucks to his buddy's shop, where I sometimes take my Jeep when I absolutely need a lift. He's a pretty sharp mechanic himself, but shouldn't run a shop. His guys send out shoddy work all the time, and I've found shit like that on my dad's truck before. In fact, I usually make up for using his tools and lift by giving him a hand in a car here, a car there etc. Most of the time it's fixing one of his guys half assed work. But he won't fire them, and pays hourly instead of book time so the quality of work has gone to hell.

Now I do most all the work on pops old CR-V and his new Highlander has 3 yrs bumper to bumper so I'm just stuck fixing my own sketchy repairs in my Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

When the previous owner of my Excursion had the rear brake line replaced on the truck, the shop that did it, just left the old one. I thought that was crazy, but then I was working on another car in the garage, and the same thing was done. It must be a new crazy in auto repair.

mac 'it does not make me go hmmmmmmmmm anymore' gyvr

Back