• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

I know Austin smogs, and the county next to me, and the Houston area, but i don't know much about it other than the its the sniffer test. Don't know if they're actually looking under the hood. :repair:

I know Austin smogs, and the county next to me, and the Houston area, but i don't know much about it other than the its the sniffer test. Don't know if they're actually looking under the hood. :repair:

SATX inspections are a joke. All the ever ding me on is windshield wipers. And even that's just to up charge me on a set.

They didn't say anything on my lsxj other than "cool shifter"

So I went to start up the Jeep today and I has no fuel pressure. Fuel pump primes but doesn’t deliver pressure to the rail. Not sure if there’s a clog or the pump is broken.

I have a feeling I know what it is. I think the hose connecting the actual pump to the pump housing might be broken. I have another pump waiting to go in.

It stinks because I have a uhaul full of stuff that needs to be put in the garage

Had a chance to dive in today. Looks like it’s just a clogged fuel filter. The pump is feeding the filter just fine. I’ll stop and grab a replacement filter today. Hopefully get this thing moved into the new house.

Had a chance to dive in today. Looks like it’s just a clogged fuel filter. The pump is feeding the filter just fine. I’ll stop and grab a replacement filter today. Hopefully get this thing moved into the new house.

i just loaded mine up with parts and other junk so i can move into a home my self, still looking but it'll be soon

Went out today and started replacing the fuel filter. Double checked. Fuel is making it past the filter. I''m going to pull off the line at the rail to see if the rail is getting fuel. Need to be able to move this thing in about a week.

did you use teflon lined AN line? or was it the rubber stuff?

the rubber stuff gets corroded by the ethanol is todays gas

It’s the rubber stuff. I actually went out this past weekend and ran some fuel through. I blame it on bad gas. Drained about 10 oz out and a lot of it was a little oily looking. I think it’s because the gas in the tank has been there for 2 years without moving.

Back