NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:22
NAXJA Member

Re: Please share photos of your cargo area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
Can I borrow a ratchet strap?
I remember that! I would have gotten one out but Adam would have had the caliper fixed by the time I unraveled that mess!
Old December 24th, 2016, 11:02
#OCDINK

Mine as it sits now. Up next for back there will be a Viair tank on the other side w/ARB compressor.

Let's see some more!!
2000 XJ 5.5" Lift w/Deavers and TNT arms, 30 front w/Super 30 kit, ARB, truss, etc. 44 rear w/35 spline alloys, ARB, Wilwood discs, truss, etc. Hooligan stiffeners front to rear, Hooligan fenders, Trailready front bumper, JCR rear bumper w/tire carrier. *under construction*
Old December 25th, 2016, 23:20
NAXJA Forum User

I guess I'll play too. Mines too cclean and organized after the latest cage revision. It needs to be taken and wheeled in order to finalize the layout.

Old December 31st, 2016, 09:47
NAXJA Forum User

On my last TJ I had a pull out drawer, but unfortunately I have no pictures of it. I removed the rear seat and built a platform that raised the floor 8 or 10". The platform was built from plywood and covered in carpet. Under the platform was a drawer I also made from plywood. For the drawer slides I used slides that are commonly used for trucks with slide out battery compartments or on emergency vehicles with pull out shelves for rescue equipment. The slides aren't cheap, but they hold up to carrying hundreds of pounds without getting destroyed in rough environments. In my drawer I had all my recovery equipment, spare parts, air tools, etc. It worked flawlessly for years and I never had to move anything I had on top of the platform to get to the stuff in the drawer which was the best part!

Edit: I forgot to add the slides are FULL EXTENSION which means that the drawer comes all the way out to its back edge allowing you to get to stuff all the way in the back of the drawer easily.

I did a quick google on battery compartment drawer slides and this was the first thing I found just to give you an idea:

https://jet.com/product/detail/00b3c...de=PLA15&ds_c=[*Campaign*]&ds_cid=[*CampagnID*]&ds_ag=[*Adgroup*]&product_id=00b3c64edc1148b3a3d95591941144b7&produ ct_partition_id=161709602220&gclid=Cj0KEQiAy53DBRC o4en29Zvcla0BEiQAVIDccz8EpXcAnJ2x4EvUccAaaXpP5TTm9 MSTzqLnucX8-dIaAl7P8P8HAQ
Old April 17th, 2017, 14:35
#OCDINK

btttttttttttt
2000 XJ 5.5" Lift w/Deavers and TNT arms, 30 front w/Super 30 kit, ARB, truss, etc. 44 rear w/35 spline alloys, ARB, Wilwood discs, truss, etc. Hooligan stiffeners front to rear, Hooligan fenders, Trailready front bumper, JCR rear bumper w/tire carrier. *under construction*
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:13
NAXJA Forum User

This was mine. I used it to haul tools before I got my garage built. 3/4 birch, paddle latches, quick storage in the back, 100lb slides.

Now it just sits in the corner until I find a use for it again.

Old November 15th, 2017, 22:08
Degenerate Jeeper

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Nearly finished with this project.

I made some brackets that bolt upright to the wheel wells and a platform that rides on top of my 33x12.5 spare tire. The platform pivots where it attaches to the brackets. A Bestop cargo tray is secured to the platform to hold stuff. A cargo strap holds the whole thing down, including securing the tire. I'll finish it off by mounting some d-rings to the floor closer to the hatch than the rings that are shown in these images, but I'll have to drop the gas tank out of the way to do that so it'll have to wait for another day.

And since I'm posting images of my cargo area, I'll go ahead and include a shot of the co2 paintball bottle mounted in the cubby and used to activate my front Ox locker. (The line runs up the D pillar to the headliner trim and then forward and down the A pillar.)