NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old October 1st, 2017, 00:12
NAXJA Forum User

2 door seat mechanism

The frame of my driver seat is bent from the previous owner. Presumably from the P.O. trying to get his wallet out by pushing against the back to lift his ass off the seat. Iíve been looking for a good used replacement for almost 6 months now. Seems as though (not surprisingly) 2 door seats in good serviceable condition are rare as hens teeth and the ones Iíve seen, people have been asking more than Iím willing to spend.

My question is; If I were to get a drivers seat from a 4 door, can I swap the ďtip forwardĒ mechanism from my 2 door seat to the 4 door seat without any/much trouble? Iím not really willing to give up the tip forward feature even though itís less important on the driver side than passenger side.

The rig is a 1996 2door.

Thanks.
Old October 1st, 2017, 08:01
NAXJA Member

Re: 2 door seat mechanism

Not a great but, I had a mustang with the same problem. I completely tore the seat down to the frame and clamped it to the work bench, then used a big bar to straighten it out. It had broken welds in it. I found a few bad welds in my xj seat back too but can't remember why I was in there. If you're having that much trouble something to consider.
Old October 1st, 2017, 17:09
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 2 door seat mechanism

Definitely something to consider. Thanks.