• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough country rear cv drive shaft

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I searched and maybe using the wrong search words.

I have a rcouple rear cvs drive shaft in my cherokee. One of the u joints is bad. I know it's a 1310 series.

Napa, autozone, and advanced can not cross reference to get a part number. Does anyone have a part number for one of those places so I can give it to them?

Thanks in advance.

If its a 1310 joint you should use Spicer (or Neapco as second choice). Local chains don't usually carry those brands, but if you need one today you can usually find interchange by looking up the Dana / Spicer part number. Check here and look at the different 1310 u-joints available http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c1201_universal_joints_driveshaft_and_axle.html

I use greasables but I grease them every oil change. If you won't grease them often, get the sealed non-greasables and replace them every 1-2 years

If I had to guess, id say its prolly the stock size u-joint. Id find out what size the stock u-joint is then get a spicer, you also can measure the caps if I remember correctly

I've heard those are rebranded Toms shafts, btw. Also, the u joint spicer number is 5-153X. They should be able to cross reference them. OReilly's carries spicer now and that's where I've been getting mine. Only a couple bucks more expensive than rock auto.

Nice link, ehall. I just saw the 5-1310-1X which would be perfect here since I had issues with getting to the nipples on the 153's.

Well they told me it was the u joints used in the front drive shaft. No one here carries spicer.

I got a moog for the bad one and I will order the spicers. After the kids fall asleep I'll change it out.

Thank you all for the info. I greatly appreciate it.

Back