• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW! SFR Trail Proof Transmission mounts

StinkyFab

NAXJA Forum User
The stock Cherokee Transmission mount was never designed to handle serious abuse. It's weak and often sags out of position which puts excess load on the motor mounts causing them to fail prematurely as well. Our heavy duty mount solves all that. It's constructed from 3/16" thick steel and the bushing is housed in a 1/4" thick shell. The bushings are polyurethane and are the most common standard size to make it easy to service them when necessary. These pair perfectly with our heavy duty motor mounts. Keep your drivetrain where it belongs, and stop repeatedly replacing the stock mounts that just aren't up to the job.

We make 2 versions of transmission mount that cover the vast majority of Cherokees and Comanches. The offset version replaces Anchor Part #2625, and the centered version replaces Part #s 3188 and 2570.

Both are available on www.stinkyfab.com and for a limited time we are taking $10 off the normal price. No codes or coupons needed.

117_3936-s.jpg

Also available as a full kit with our Trail Proof Motor Mounts.
117_3962-s.jpg

No, these are a direct replacement for the OEM mount. We looked into trying to make a thinner one, but there simply isn't enough room to make it any smaller and not be metal to metal on the 2 halves. Keep your eyes on this forum though, we are working on a fairly simple way to lower your trans a bit without putting spacers between the crossmember and frame.

As I sent that message the mail man showed up! Top notch product second to none. Great customer service!

Wow, that was quick! I just shipped that out yesterday. Apparently the delivery man is on his game!

These have actually been such a big success that I ran out of the ones I had already welded together on the shelf. Don't worry though, I'm in the shop putting more together right now so there won't be any delays! I have a couple orders that came in overnight that will ship out today!

After driving around for a few days with the new trans mount installed I am pleased to report that there isn't really any more or less vibes due to being a more solid mount, if there is it is unnoticeable. In conjunction with upgraded motor mounts, this is as good as it gets for us XJ owners. I would recommend this mount to everyone who owns a XJ and is needing a replacement or anyone looking to upgrade from a stock mount!

For folks that want rubber, there are a couple of leaf spring bushing options. RB-7 is exactly the right dimensions except the inner sleeve is setup for a 9/16 bolt instead of 1/2 bolt. NAPA also has the NCP 2747057 for YJ leaf bushings a lot cheaper, but the bolt sleeve is a bit long (requires cutting) and also 9/16 hole.

I used the one from NAPA and trimmed the sleeve, pressed it in with a couple of large washers as a pilot (so as not to push the rubber through) and then drilled the tabs to 9/16 and used a leftover LCA bolt for the sleeve.

I looked for quite a while but couldn't find any shouldered bushings in the right size. I was a little worried that the lack of shoulder on the bushings would let it move around but it was really really difficult to press and I would say there is not much risk of it.

Last edited:
I looked into those bushings as a possible option, but decided against it for a couple reasons. One is that it would require a press to install. Not a problem for me, but kinda defeats the whole purpose of designing a "serviceable" mount for my customers. The other is that due to having an outer steel sleeve, and the inner sleeve being slightly bigger you end up with MUCH less bushing material. It's rubber, but there's so little of it that I actually felt you'd be more likely to get MORE vibration with that bushing rather than less compared to the rather soft poly that we supply with the mount. That's just my feeling based on looking at the parts and I haven't actually tried it, but for me it was too much pointing in the wrong direction.

I am working on a rubber option for both the tranny and motor mounts but since most people don't feel there is a need after talking to those who have been running them with the poly bushings I don't want to invest a lot of money into inventory of a part that doesn't offer a performance advantage as well as being affordable to the customer.

Damn, just tried to order a set of motor and a centered trans mount, doesn't appear to allow for a Canadian order. Bummer looks like a great product.

dangit. i just spent $40 on a replacement rubber one, its been 4 weeks and i can feel movement already.

is it possible to ship these via USPS flat rate? paying $21+ for UPS seems kinda ridiculous. i want a mount.

Last edited:
These mounts are on special right now for $10 off which should make up for any difference in shipping. I'd love to offer flat rate shipping on the web site, but last time we tried that people were trying to cram a full set of suspension links into a small flat rate box, which just doesn't work.

For you Canadian guys, pm or email me directly. I can ship to you, but the web site doesn't like your addresses so i have to do it manually.

These mounts are awesome!! As for price with the current discount you cant beat it and the shipping is pretty quick. I had a question and ended up talking to Dallas for almost an hour on the phone. Great guy with lots of knowledge. I WILL do business with him again!

You're the first one to ask, so technically the answer would be no. Generally speaking I try to build the things people are asking me for, so now that you've asked it's on my radar and I can take a look at it. Which GM/Chevy/CJ does this mount fit? or better yet do you have a part #?

You're the first one to ask, so technically the answer would be no. Generally speaking I try to build the things people are asking me for, so now that you've asked it's on my radar and I can take a look at it. Which GM/Chevy/CJ does this mount fit? or better yet do you have a part #?

Here is the Autozone version -

Jeep -
http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...ylinders-n-5-9l-2bl/130950_0_0/?checkfit=true

GMC/Chebby (note specs are the same as the Jeep even though different part number)
http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...-5-7l-4bl-ohv/153544_0_0_91675/?checkfit=true

Energy urethane version (showing Jeep and GMC/Chevy applications)
http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...-7l-4bl-ohv/353697_270987_5934/?checkfit=true

I fabbed one up for my CJ5 many years ago - basically the same design as your XJ mount and used some CJ shackle bushings which are fairly small but it was still too high. I think I might still have it...

Back