• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Yes I have a set as well.

It's sae bolts when you replace them.

mac 'shoot that engineer' gyvr

Re: Re: Important

Nice! Talk about low end grunt!

One of our Toyota 4 cylinders drops two quarts of oil every day, has a crank time that of a Renix XJ, and has damn near no compression left. Still runs all day, every day, lifting WAY more than it should be.

My only gripe about the Hyster was the transmission. It was one of those ones where the forward and reverse were integrated into the brake pedal. To the right was forward and the left reverse, instead of a stalk by the steering wheel or near the other levers. Drove me nuts at first as I'd always accidentally knock it into the other gear while trying to stop. Can't remember the name of that set up...

Monotrol. Ours has it. Actually pretty nice one you're used to it, but sometimes it takes a second for it to go from forward to reverse, or sticks.

Don't remember if ours is 4 or 6 cyl.

ra5u7u5y.jpg

mac 'jerks' gyvr

Nice! Talk about low end grunt!

One of our Toyota 4 cylinders drops two quarts of oil every day, has a crank time that of a Renix XJ, and has damn near no compression left. Still runs all day, every day, lifting WAY more than it should be.

My only gripe about the Hyster was the transmission. It was one of those ones where the forward and reverse were integrated into the brake pedal. To the right was forward and the left reverse, instead of a stalk by the steering wheel or near the other levers. Drove me nuts at first as I'd always accidentally knock it into the other gear while trying to stop. Can't remember the name of that set up...
We had an electric lift like that. F-ing retarded! I'm not a fan of Hysters to be honest... I drove lifts at two places. First place had mostly Yale's. One of them got a full rebuild by the new mechanic trying to impress everyone. It was bored out, and the new head had a port 'n' polish job. It was dangerous fast! You could put the forks on the ground, and tromp it, and it would lite up the tires. To bad it blew up about a year, or so later. Second place had all electrics. If you've never been on an AC Power Yale it will change your mind on electrics. They where just as fast, and as powerful as gas motors...

scooby "loaded 80 trucks in a 12hr shift one night" xj

Last edited:
Good morning jeep fans!

FRIDAY!!!

feeling good today. got a 100% the final lab and the final written. truth be told i didn't even study so i was really surprised!

now i have about 24 days off, then comes a pretty difficult fall semester.

Re: Re: Important

Monotrol. Ours has it. Actually pretty nice one you're used to it, but sometimes it takes a second for it to go from forward to reverse, or sticks.

Don't remember if ours is 4 or 6 cyl.
Thats it! I remember mine being sticky too. My cousin is a design engineer with hyster out near the coast. I tried to pitch the idea of a locker to him after ours got stuck in the grass one day, but he didn't seem to think it would be worthwhile. I did enjoy using the Jeep to pull it out. Sob's are heavy!!

We had an electric lift like that. F-ing retarded! I'm not a fan of Hysters to be honest... I drove lifts at two places. First place had mostly Yale's. One of them got a full rebuild by the new mechanic trying to impress everyone. It was bored out, and the new head had a port 'n' polish job. It was dangerous fast! You could put the forks on the ground, and tromp it, and it would lite up the tires. To bad it blew up about a year, or so later. Second place had all electrics. If you've never been on an AC Power Yale it will change your mind on electrics. They where just as fast, and as powerful as gas motors...

scooby "loaded 80 trucks in a 12hr shift one night" xj

I'll have to try an all electric one some time. The hyster wasn't my favorite either considering I was always working on it. The saving grace was it was pretty easy to work on.

I drove a stand up fork lift when I worked at lowes one summer in college.

mac 'it was called star wars' gyvr

I did really un osha approved stunts on a forklift when i worked at a warehouse back when i was 17-19.

OT, but tool related:
I bought a set of metric Spline Sockets at HF on a whim. So far I have only tried them on the front bearing bolts. The splines sit inside the grooves on the reverse torx nicely and the socket slides on and off without effort.

IMG_20140731_182121_362_zps8g7bopfz.jpg

went and picked up this basketcase for a buddy and his son to work on.
needs a sprokect and a few bearing holders. I ghetto rigged a battery and it fired first try with a splash of gas i nthe carb.
11 horsepower death machine.

Back