• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Sam, you got this brother. Remember, the first step in failure is not taking a step towards your goals and dreams. And if there are nay sayers, **** em and feed'em fish.....remember, misery loves company. I had nearly zero support as a poor city kid going to college for an Ag degree......and now I own and operate my own farm as well as having a good job with the USDA. Works towards your goals and you will acheive them. And when the time and finances allow for it, make your money work for you, not you working for it.

Proud of ya man, now go turn that app in.....and I will share a beer with ya at WF.

Cheese "all philosophical up in this bitch" Man

Remember, the first step in failure is not taking a step towards your goals and dreams.

this is the big part for me. 14years i have been with this company and you can get real comfortable and set in your ways in that kind of time.
this opportunity came up one time before many years ago and i just froze up and never turned in an app.

this current opportunity was given to me about a week and a half ago and i just did the resume last night. so i feel like im subconsciously sabotaging myself, which is one of the reasons i posted on here. it is hard to talk about what you are going to do publicly and then not do it. now that i know there are people expecting results it forces me to take a chance....

at least thats how my mind works.

Sam, good luck.

I don't know if I will ever choose to leave my current job. I have been there since 2001 part time and 2005 full. I tried to get five jobs in Indy (didn't get four and one flat out said I couldn't work for the wage they offered, $11 an hour). At least I like my job and there is options for moving up when jobs open up.

Quick tech question.

I am building this steering, if i measure center to center on the stock tierods(52") and transfer that so center to center of the 1 ton stuff is the same. that should get me close enough to get it all on and get a proper alignment right.

Quick tech question.

I am building this steering, if i measure center to center on the stock tierods(52") and transfer that so center to center of the 1 ton stuff is the same. that should get me close enough to get it all on and get a proper alignment right.

YUP

Sweet just making sure im not retarded. :D

Took my jeep out to play in the yard. I have a horrible whine through the speakers, Dylan thinks it's cuz I grounded the amps to the body. Before I buy more wire, does anyone support this theory? Or have other ideas?

Took my jeep out to play in the yard. I have a horrible whine through the speakers, Dylan thinks it's cuz I grounded the amps to the body. Before I buy more wire, does anyone support this theory? Or have other ideas?

Did you run your big wire from your battery to your amp on the opposite side of the vehicle as your RCA's??

* edit: you guys posted as I did, so that debunks part of it. Check all connections. did you use a crossover of any kind?

if it is a whine that amplifies or changes with the rpms of the motor, it is RCA interference. Grounding is a very important part of it, but if you bundled your power lead to the amps with your RCA's they will get whine/feedback problems. I have grounded many amps to the body and not had noise. Just as long as you had bare metal to ground to, that should have been enough. Could be bad stereo outputs as well.

Cheese "worked at a stereo shop while in high school n college" Man

* edit: you guys posted as I did, so that debunks part of it. Check all connections. did you use a crossover of any kind?

if it is a whine that amplifies or changes with the rpms of the motor, it is RCA interference. Grounding is a very important part of it, but if you bundled your power lead to the amps with your RCA's they will get whine/feedback problems. I have grounded many amps to the body and not had noise. Just as long as you had bare metal to ground to, that should have been enough. Could be bad stereo outputs as well.

Cheese "worked at a stereo shop while in high school n college" Man

what cheeseman said....there is a small chance that the rca cables aren't shielded well enough, but most likely there is a ground issue. if its already ground the way cheeseman said, you may have something else not grounded right. my stereo will make all kinds of funny noises because my cell phone charger is very poorly grounded through the cigarette lighter, so when its plugged in and charging it will make the whole system whine. especially on am channels (yes i listen to am stations a lot)

my stereo will make all kinds of funny noises because my cell phone charger is very poorly grounded through the cigarette lighter, so when its plugged in and charging it will make the whole system whine. especially on am channels (yes i listen to am stations a lot)

my cell phone charger does this in my work car when I listen to 700 wlw...on the am dial...

mac 'switch to xm when i need to charge' gyvr

Training a FNG today. So far he is a pretty good worker.

Flexd 'factories have FNG's too' XJ

Training a FNG today. So far he is a pretty good worker.

Flexd 'factories have FNG's too' XJ

I think I'm going to put in for being an FTO at work, there are 22 guys starting the academy next week. Then another 10-12 20 weeks after that, so we'll be training people for a while.

mac 'not looking forward to sitting in the passengers seat' gyvr

Re: Re: Important

I think I'm going to put in for being an FTO at work, there are 22 guys starting the academy next week. Then another 10-12 20 weeks after that, so we'll be training people for a while.

mac 'not looking forward to sitting in the passengers seat' gyvr

Only if it pays substantially more, otherwise I'd not do it.

I will train only because it reduces my work load.

Back