• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

i have a used radiator waiting to go in the mj...but it was pulled from a jeep that it was in for a few hundred miles. other than that, i wouldn't trust any that arent new

Ok, I know I have talked to Dan about this tonight already tonight but will ask here as well. I disconnected both heater core hoses from the firewall and stuck them in a bucket. Now with the engine running, shouldn't one of these hoses be shooting coolant out of them or am I thinking incorrectly? Only the hose out of the thermostat housing had anything coming out of it but out was only in short little bursts that it did anything.

I had just done a heater core flush and was wanting to see how much coolant was going to the heater core. When I undid the lines there was barely any fluid in them? To me those heater hoses should be full of antifreeze.

I will use a used radiator if I know the seller or it looks damn near new at the junkyard. Or I'm in between a rock and a hard place.

Other than that, it's new all the way.

ubu2a9uh.jpg

mac 'I hate 02's' gyvr

Ok, I know I have talked to Dan about this tonight already tonight but will ask here as well. I disconnected both heater core hoses from the firewall and stuck them in a bucket. Now with the engine running, shouldn't one of these hoses be shooting coolant out of them or am I thinking incorrectly? Only the hose out of the thermostat housing had anything coming out of it but out was only in short little bursts that it did anything.

I had just done a heater core flush and was wanting to see how much coolant was going to the heater core. When I undid the lines there was barely any fluid in them? To me those heater hoses should be full of antifreeze.

If it isn't pumping water...

I'm guessing a water pump as well

mac 'not sure how much should be coming out' gyvr

Was going to ask that... Pretty sure its 97+

MOst vehicle heaters are run off of the bypass flow behind the thermostat, so you get heat in the cabin faster.

The hole in the thermostat housing for the heater hose bypasses the thermostat. There has to be somewhere for the coolant to go when the water pump turns and the thermostat is closed. If you still have the heater control valve hooked to the hoses, you need to use a zip tie to hold the valve open before coolant will come out. Otherwise, you're bypassing the short hose to the heater core and sending the coolant back to the water pump through the valve.

Do the hoses get hot when the engine is up to temperature? With the valve zip tied open, both of those hoses should have pressure in them and get hot.

Last edited:
Why didn't you contract sn amount in the summer? I locked in at $1.39 and that is what I pay regardless of the price gouging.

We had it set up on autofill but we would randomly get smacked in the face with a $500 bill every couple of months. I would come home and find the bill stuck in the door. Im not sure what the amount per unit was then.
At the begining of the winter we had a full tank.
We are less than 20% in the tank now, which should hold us off til March.

Yea i'm thinking it is the water pump as well. gonna go get new parts tonight. Still might look at it some more before I spend the money on parts.

I got my tank used with 60% in it (500 gallon tank) just after Christmas I had it filled they put 300 gallons in it. I checked it last night it still has 60%. My house is brand new with super insulation, very good windows and a 95+ furnace. I am thinking I will be able to heat this place for less than $800.00 per year.
I plan on putting a wood burner in the basement this year too.

Get to drive the new XJ to town tomorrow to get the ID/OD inspection done so I can get plates....thinking that I can get the car plates from the Malibu transfered over since we sold it and they are still good for several months. I was thinking that they will let a person license a SUV as a car or truck in this state. I dont want to put too much in it since it will be short lived I am sure....insurance is only $12/month, so that wont break the bank I suppose :D

JR asked if we were driving the XJ to WF......I asked why do that when we have a plush tow rig and a trailer? He said it would be cool, I said XJ's suck for fat guys that are 6'2" for an 7-8 hour drive.

Cheese "rollin the D" Man

Where are all the good deals on XJ's right now? My buddy is looking into getting back into an XJ but all I can find around here is trash for $$$ except for the nice limited that he doesn't have the money for.

probably every one thinking their 4X4's are gold in the winter.

wait till summer when the higher gas prices send the 4X4's back down

Back