• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

600 miles... Cry me a river :D

I am hoping to make the 1968 mile round-trip drive again for WF14 but we shall see.

I've always liked Grand Prixs. I wouldn't mind having another one. Even with the problems they pose. They're cake to work on.

Re: Re: Important

it will be rolling down i80...i could leave it with mac or someone you know close by there. dont know the exact date quite yet though

If we find a way to get it to me in a reasonable amount of time I'd definitely take it.
Depends on if I have to pay for people's gas though. At that point it would be a wash and I might as well get the local one and buy my own mounts.

If we find a way to get it to me in a reasonable amount of time I'd definitely take it.
Depends on if I have to pay for people's gas though. At that point it would be a wash and I might as well get the local one and buy my own mounts.

I'll be back in IL the 10th of May, the RHD will be up here in BR. I will probably take a weekend to work on it up here so if the dates work out I have no problem bringing it here. You would have to pick it up in BR.

In other news, I don't have a damn thing to do this weekend. Who has a seat for me for blessing?

depending on what Mac does with his new jeep, I may have a seat. I don't have my rear belts in so the back seats are not an option.

I have given Mac first option. Dylan gets a seat for Chadville.

I've got two guys from work coming, one with a cj7 and another with a tj. both will have open seats.

Last edited:
600 miles... Cry me a river :D

I am hoping to make the 1968 mile round-trip drive again for WF14 but we shall see.

wf road trip 2014...the nerd and the rocker. we will eat bacon sandwiches and listen to hank williams on repeat the entire way there...

or something like that...hopefully mama lets me buy my truck by then. i've been searching fairly hard for a 94-96 cummins ram. i talked to her about it again this morning and she didn't bat an eye, so i have a feeling it will probably happen. i wish i could afford a newer one, but i like the 12v cummins and the gen 2 ram body style...plus 96 or older diesels dont need an emissions test in New Jersey...and the 12v motors are fairly easy to find if you need one.

I like the sound of this road trip!

(I'm about 75/25 nerd/redneck at this point. Which way that's biased depends on who you ask)

P.S. you should come to South Dakota with us in June... JeepCamp

I looked this up, too bad its the weekend I am getting married.. I love the black hills.

I am making plans to explore the UP over the 4th of July. I have been doing a lot of research on upoverland.org Hopefully the snow is melted by then

I looked this up, too bad its the weekend I am getting married.. I love the black hills.

I am making plans to explore the UP over the 4th of July. I have been doing a lot of research on upoverland.org Hopefully the snow is melted by then

Let me know, if we don't have anything going on I think a UP excursion would be fantastic...

Knox County – Monday night, April 29, at approximately 9:59, a Knox County Deputy was driving down Wilbur Street in Vincennes when he was flagged down by friends of Ross A. Darkis, 42, who resided at 215 Wilbur Street. Darkis was intoxicated and was in possession of a handgun on his front porch. He had been arguing with his girlfriend earlier in the evening and was very upset according to his friends. Additional officers from Knox County Sheriff’s Office and Vincennes City Police arrived. Officers attempted to get Darkis to surrender his weapon, but he refused. Officers used a taser and a weapon that discharges a small bean-bag in attempt to diffuse the situation, but both non-lethal weapons were unsuccessful. At approximately 10:25 p.m., Darkis raised the handgun he was holding toward the officers. In order to protect themselves and other officers on scene, several of the officers fired their weapons. Darkis was struck multiple times and was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes where he was pronounced dead several minutes later. The identity of the Vincennes City Police Officers and Knox County Sheriff’s Deputy involved in the shooting are not being released at this time. No officers were injured.

The investigation is continuing.

Can't say much else, but I was the Deputy that got flagged down.

Illiana '3 houses down from mine' XJ

Went to the baby doctor today. doctors walks in and cant believe how big the wife has gotten. decides she wants another ultrasound to get a view of the size. after digging around in there, she says she is not even close yet, then tells us we will be having a pretty big baby.

as we leave the office i tease my wife telling her that's probably going to hurt like shit and rip her open. she gets mad and say your big ass put this big ass baby in me.

hahahahaha sucks to be her

SAM'less than 4 weeks'SET

Glad you and the other officers are ok. sucks that people do that crap while drunk.

30 years ago, I got in a snowball fight halfway up the Keweenaw Peninsula on Memorial Day weekend. :D

Whereabouts in da YooPee are you thinking? East, west, south, north?

30 years ago, I got in a snowball fight halfway up the Keweenaw Peninsula on Memorial Day weekend. :D

Whereabouts in da YooPee are you thinking? East, west, south, north?

Not exactly sure yet. Still planning. We are thinking we will probably hrow the kayaks o the roof and I want to do some remote, secluded camping. Any suggestions? All I have seen so far is US2 heading over to Mackinac Island.

Wow, man. Hopefully you're handling this well. I know we talked a lot about this kind of situation at WF. I'm no shrink, but if you need to talk about it, you got my number.

moral to the story, do not point a gun at a bunch of cops, you will get shot
I hate to laugh at this because it's true, but wiser words have never been spoken.

You can do big lake kayaking on 3 sides. Pictured Rocks near Munising should be pretty impressive from a kayak, I have no idea how much of a paddle you're looking at from a dock. There are small rivers & lakes everywhere. Especially up in the Keweenaw, watch out for unexpected waterfalls.

There's always the Seney Wildlife Refuge.

Whitefish Point.

The locks at Sault St. Marie.

Drummond Island

If we keep talking about this, will Brian (97XJ2) show up?

You can do big lake kayaking on 3 sides. Pictured Rocks near Munising should be pretty impressive from a kayak, I have no idea how much of a paddle you're looking at from a dock. There are small rivers & lakes everywhere. Especially up in the Keweenaw, watch out for unexpected waterfalls.

There's always the Seney Wildlife Refuge.

Whitefish Point.

The locks at Sault St. Marie.

Drummond Island

If we keep talking about this, will Brian (97XJ2) show up?

Never been kayaking, but would def be up for some camping/hiking/trail riding...

Back