• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Nice clean install!
I'm currently not working on anything. But need to get my ass in gear and replace front axle u-joints get a new driveshaft for the front. Then find a replacement steering box that doesn't leak. Then order up some new heims for the steering....

Lets see I gotta -
replace front axle u-joints
Get a new front shaft
Start my sliders
Start my rearbumper/tire carrier
Build a new crosmember and t-case skid since mine is welded to the frame lol
Install frame stiffeners
build a beefy steering set up or buy curries
fix both front speakers
buy better motormounts
regear or maybe upgrade axles

thats it for now :D

Nothing...

contemplating selling and picking up an 05 rubi (i know, im a traitor, but you all still love me).

Looks like I'll be sprucing up the interior.

ALL_CATCH375.jpg

Might be a good time to install the carpet I bought and cleaned up. I might re-glue the headliner and install a sound bar...or not. :)

Mine is on hold, it works very well as is!! Saving money for a wedding...... :D
Congrats Ira!

It took me a few tries to get it right. Trash-talk me all you like, nobody disputes my gender preference. :scottm:

Nothing...

contemplating selling and picking up an 05 rubi (i know, im a traitor, but you all still love me).

Go pound sand you half hearted wanna be XJ guy....... :moon:

Congrats Ira!

It took me a few tries to get it right. Trash-talk me all you like, nobody disputes my gender preference. :scottm:

Thanks! This one is a keeper, she brings out the Raptor in me :gee:

Getting 4.88 gears from Stang for my 30 and 8.25. Super stoked to get some power and gas mileage back.

Got most of the interior pulled waiting for the new-to-me cleaned carpet to dry. Can't wait till i get it in.

Not a big fan of carpets, personally I like em to be clean down there, but hey whatever floats your boat :D

For the winter/sooner the better:
Replacing rocker panels with square tubing and round kick outs so as to piviot in the rocks better
Retubing rear wheel wells
Quarter Panel guard+integrated flare (I have a two door so I have more room to work with)
Hunting down a short/bad ground that is causing my O2 sensor to malfunction
Fixing two axle shaft seals (such a pain in the Dana 44 without a press)
Need to get new ring gear bolts in as I reused them on the aussie install and it makes me uneasy.

Although im sure no one cares about my list, it has been good to organize what I need to do

Those seats are money. What did they come out of? I have to get me a pair. My seats are thrashed.
They were in another XJ at the U-Pull in Denver. When I got them out, I found U-Pull's marking on the bottom. This is the second time they bought and sold these seats.

It's not too often you see them in this good of a condition. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found them.

They were in another XJ at the U-Pull in Denver. When I got them out, I found U-Pull's marking on the bottom. This is the second time they bought and sold these seats.

It's not too often you see them in this good of a condition. I'm feeling pretty lucky to have found them.

grab me a drivers seat like that.....

Not a big fan of carpets, personally I like em to be clean down there, but hey whatever floats your boat :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :cheers:

my list is full of tiny stupid crap - mainly to get ready for winter - most of which i'll forget to write down but here are a few things:

service both diffs and replace front breather hose
flush tranny
drain/fill xfer case
fix whatever leak i have up front
fix my driver side brake/running light issue
figure out why my rear defrost stopped working and fix it
get an alignment
replace a stuck caliper and wheel cylinder

and the only thing im looking forward to doing..... BUY BUILD AND INSTALL A NEW AUDIO SYSTEM!

as long as its not shag, or berber. but a little bit of real short pile isnt that bad :clap:

Meh. We just use em for dirty things anyway, don't wanna have to worry about whether its clean or not next time I go in it.
:D

Meh. We just use em for dirty things anyway, don't wanna have to worry about whether its clean or not next time I go in it.
:D

firm believer that carpet should be cleaned daily. get rid of all the road grime, else mildew sets in.

if owner is not cleaning the carpet, or there is a concern that they may not be cleaning it, then i dont even consider going in it

Back