• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got robbed by the junkyard again. Picked up a 29 spline 8.25, wj knuckles & brakes, 2wd hub for spare in case I break a shaft. Started on a set of sliders and did some paint/clean up on the 2 door

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Got robbed by the junkyard again. Picked up a 29 spline 8.25, wj knuckles & brakes, 2wd hub for spare in case I break a shaft. Started on a set of sliders and did some paint/clean up on the 2 door

Was that you and your dad I talked with at the junkyard yesterday?

Today I went back to the one across the street and picked up a 231 t-case, an 8.25, and a D30 off a 98. Now if i can just find a Comanche to finish my collection. Hmmmm.

Was that you and your dad I talked with at the junkyard yesterday?

Today I went back to the one across the street and picked up a 231 t-case, an 8.25, and a D30 off a 98. Now if i can just find a Comanche to finish my collection. Hmmmm.
Yep that was me! Most comanches I've seen for sale lately are 2wd but sounds like you have most the parts to convert one. Did you say you needed an xj trailer hitch? I realized I have one sitting around if you want it

Yep that was me! Most comanches I've seen for sale lately are 2wd but sounds like you have most the parts to convert one. Did you say you needed an xj trailer hitch? I realized I have one sitting around if you want it

I thought so! Good talking with you and your dad.

One of my son's and I grabbed that stuff this morning just in case I run across a Comanche. I told you if you didn't grab that 8.25, I was going to! LOL!

I was looking for a trailer hitch wiring harness, the 7 pin factory one. Luckily ChipClip hooked me up. I'm good to go on that, worked out great.

I thought so! Good talking with you and your dad.

One of my son's and I grabbed that stuff this morning just in case I run across a Comanche. I told you if you didn't grab that 8.25, I was going to! LOL!

I was looking for a trailer hitch wiring harness, the 7 pin factory one. Luckily ChipClip hooked me up. I'm good to go on that, worked out great.
Glad to hear you found one. For me its just a waiting game on parts. As soon as I get my orders from Cav Fab and IRO ill start stripping my axles for trusses and 4.88s!

Good to see a little SoCal in the Southeast Chapter. Welcome guys!

Just posted in trip planning about a trip to Wooly's on 12/27. Come on out. Let's hit some trails before this year is done.

I traded my 86 4runner for a 2001 XJ.

5 days until Wooly's. Who else is coming.

We have:

1. Dirk
2. Brian
3. Eric

As of 12:30 we’ve torn off one exhaust system, poked a hole in another and have a Jeep in a washout with a broken axle u-joint and lower ball joint.

As of 12:30 we’ve torn off one exhaust system, poked a hole in another and have a Jeep in a washout with a broken axle u-joint and lower ball joint.

Sounds like a rough day.

We didn’t get too far into the trails, but we had a blast. Before the day was over the Chevy truck also busted a tie rod. That park is way harder than Harlan. It was a good day.

Last edited:
We didn’t get too far into the trails, but we had a blast. Before the day was over the Chevy truck also busted a tie rod. That park is way harder than Harlan. It was a good day.

Where did you go?

We were at Wooly's Off-Road in Lynnville TN

Where are the pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That park has gotten more difficult over the years. Last time I was there it didn't seem as tough as last weekend.

Great fun though!

Bought a digital VIC for the 98 Grand last week. It keeps throwing errors. It was showing coolant temp sensor error, so I put a new one in. Still throws it until the Jeep warms up. On occasion it throws a washer sensor error. Lastly it throws a rear lamp failure error. I know the back up lights don’t work, so I put in a new NSS today. That’s solved the light issue, but it’s still throwing an error.

I drove the MJ to the dump to haul off the garbage......

Not much excitement but I gotta say, I love driving that little truck!

MARK! Good to hear from you.

I told him he better start logging on. I was running ideas past him the other day on doing a NEMO tunnel run or a cookout meet and great. We need to do something to get people back together.

Back