• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Put 14 hours in today. Just got home

Note to self... Don't hold a cryo pump that is 10 degrees kelvin over your head.

Got lucky on that one

finishing up another 16 hr shift

mac 'starting to get conditioned for these' gyvr

Went wheeling yesterday. It's been too long.

98f9a2706e0b8ef12e4602dd22f16f41.jpg

Worked 14.5 hours yesterday, have today off. Left the Jeep at the shop so it could dry out before I put the doors back on. I think its going to stay there, get the rest of the interior removed and start building a cage...

99SJ 'Need to rebuild 7.3 HPOP first' Ex

I don't know how you do it, just not worth it to me.

I've done a 16 hr shift each of the last three weekends. I was working for someone else the first 8, and my normal shift the second 8. This coming weekend I'm taking three days off with my normal two days off to do our annual cabin trip in Gatlinburg with 20+ people. I did not have to burn vacation time, those guys are working my shift...and we are so short handed I would've been denied the time off anyways.

So when the day gets long I remind myself how fun this up coming weekend will be.

And my vacation time rolls over and just keeps building up.

Sorry for the Altrocker mixed with TH explanation.

mac 'weekends off = precious' gyvr

I haven't worked a 16 in years. I'm legally only allowed 12 then they have to replace me. Most I ever get anymore is 14 if I'm two hours from home on the 12th hour. I also get 10hrs off after anything less than 12. Over 12 it's one minuet added to the 10hrs for every minuet over 12hrs worked...

scooby "hauling the freight" xj

Was heading to a friends business today and my xj just died and wouldn't refire. Went to my in laws place and grabbed my recovery strap and pulled it a half mile (how close I was to his place) and started poking around. After finding no spark, found the coil wire was messed up. Got home and will replace wire in the morning (autozone lifetime set). Was worried it was going yo to the cps or tps. Those are pricey, this fix will be free.

Very much over diva attitudes today...how about you let the sound engineer decide how loud your voice should be and you just sing.

You want diva's, try working in local tv. While there are some down to earth anchors and reporters, there are some you just make life as hard as possible for at work when you can.

Re: Re: Important

You want diva's, try working in local tv. While there are some down to earth anchors and reporters, there are some you just make life as hard as possible for at work when you can.

I will take your local tv people over Broadway, tv, opera and film stars any day of the week...

Hours I work.

LOL. You guys are funny.

I usually dont count the hours bc it all pays the same....I am sure ya know the feeling. I have 9 hours a day I "have" to be somewhere.....

Cheese "feast or famine" Man

I redoing the front entrance of our house. We live on the main drag in a really small town. I am getting so Flipping tired of randoms stopping me to ask a stupid question or three. Even my insurance guy stopped to ask me questions. While that was a touch uncomfortable at least he had a legitimate reason to pester me.

This shit is getting insane... today was a local meth-head telling me he could paint the front of my house for $50. And some kid asking if he could borrow my trailer and go rescue his broken down POS truck...

So ready to move back into the country....

w_'the list of people who could borrow my trailer would fit on a business card"howey

If I move west(it'll be a couple years before I can) I'll miss this view!

Back