• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

So I wanted a better solution for a switch panel. I was looking into getting a SPOD but I didn’t want to spend $500 on one. I found these by Autointech. They seem pretty well received in the JK community. I ordered one of their universal kits. The build quality looks pretty nice and I like having a central control box under the hood for all of the wiring.
xjKQGpz.jpg

I planned on mounting it over the rear view mirror. However it’s a little too big and the angle doesn’t quite match the roofline. I could probably make it work, but would look sloppy.
bDVPMud.jpg

So then I decided I’ll make my own box to mount over the mirror. This should fit 6 switches. It fits in-between the visor screws and will use those to mount it up.
0DNumJ5.jpg

I’ll post more progress once I have time to get back to it.

Nice lookin rig PJ

If you have a paid membership you can. Jeep looks sick man. Makes me wish i didnt treat mine like crap.

You could also try tapatalk. Thats what i use. It hosts the pics for me right from my phone and it will resize them for you as you post. Gives you three size options too.

If you have a paid membership you can. Jeep looks sick man. Makes me wish i didnt treat mine like crap.

You could also try tapatalk. Thats what i use. It hosts the pics for me right from my phone and it will resize them for you as you post. Gives you three size options too.

Not to hijack, but tapatalk hasn't been working for me lately. I can access all the forums and subforums, click a thread to open and it spins forever. maybe I need to update it or something....

Rig looks awesome!! How much did your shackle relo kits add in lift? about to put mine on and not sure which front coil to pair up with them. I have extended shackles as well.

Yea I know you can get a membership but why strip that capability on a forum. This is the only one that does that.

Not to hijack, but tapatalk hasn't been working for me lately. I can access all the forums and subforums, click a thread to open and it spins forever. maybe I need to update it or something....

Rig looks awesome!! How much did your shackle relo kits add in lift? about to put mine on and not sure which front coil to pair up with them. I have extended shackles as well.
The bolt on relocation kits add about 1-2" of lift. How much lift are you going for?

Ok, We're getting this thing going again!

Ordered some injector spacers so I can use the stock truck injectors with the LS6 fuel rail. These weren't available when I first started the project but would have made things a lot easier.

I also ordered an Art Carr shifter....Lets see if we can make it work. I ordered the stock rock crawler pattern (i can go from drive to reverse in a straight shot).

Yea I know you can get a membership but why strip that capability on a forum. This is the only one that does that.

The bolt on relocation kits add about 1-2" of lift. How much lift are you going for?

got 4.5" on there now using a full spring pack and stock shackles. Need to get to 6.5" in hopes of clearing 37s. Been told it will net 2" with extended shackle, so was just confirming...

Back