• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ Alternator Upgrade

FYI, your 1994 should have (as I recall) a 90A Nippondenso. Any 117A/120A from a later model should drop right in - worst case, you'd have to adapt the field coil wiring (earlier ones us a pair of M4 studs, later ones use a moulded plug with two 1/4" spades in it.)

Going larger will require some grinding.

Good luck!

Yes the stock unit is a ND 90A.

The alternator part that people frequently swap in comes off the 98 ZJ V8's pn:56027913AB 136AMP it seems, my hope is someone would have one laying around ?

Or a new part suggestion that's cost effective. I am not sure how reliable a junked 98 alternator is going to be ?

Pete

The alternator part that people frequently swap in comes off the 98 ZJ V8's pn:56027913AB 136AMP it seems, my hope is someone would have one laying around ?

Or a new part suggestion that's cost effective. I am not sure how reliable a junked 98 alternator is going to be ?

Pete

Sure it's a crap shoot, but it doesn't hurt to try. I have a junkyard 136A ZJ alt that I paid $30 for and it's been running strong for two years. Half off day at Ecology on the 28th and there's always a ton of ZJ's in the junkyards.

Sure it's a crap shoot, but it doesn't hurt to try. I have a junkyard 136A ZJ alt that I paid $30 for and it's been running strong for two years. Half off day at Ecology on the 28th and there's always a ton of ZJ's in the junkyards.

which junkyards??? Ive yet to come across a single ZJ at the ecology in SFS

Pete

All 93-98 V8 ZJ's had the 136amp alt, the 98 5.9L had the 150amp.. but good luck finding a good one.

Well i might roll the dice at the pick your part this weekend or if i can find it cheap enough online i just might squeeze the cash out for it.

I have been doing lots of part number cross reference and it seems the 56027913 is different from the 56027913AB version, any ideas ?

Thanks
Pete

Back