• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ISO Output Speed Sensor for 1988 Jeep Comanche AW4

meh1987

NAXJA Forum User
Just what the title says. I figured I'd try my luck here because I struck out at the junkyard and I thought it was worth an ask before I go and drop $80+ on the few I'm finding online.

Thanks!

Not sure when I'm headed to the yard next, but there is an MJ at a junkyard near me. If anyone in the middle TN (Nashville) area is at the Express Pull and Save in Smyrna, its there.

Thanks! And I would so greatly appreciate it if anyone has the chance to get out there. Unfortunately Nashville is a bit much of a haul from New Orleans for me to make at the moment. I thought I was going to get lucky with a nearby junkyard but the entire transmission had been pulled, so no dice.

Also, I think it should be compatible with the output speed sensor on any XJ or MJ pre-92 with the AW4 transmission, so I don't think it strictly needs to be from a Comanche.

Isn't that the one with the mechanical cable?

Isn't that the one with the mechanical cable?

mop-83503722_ai_xl.jpg

This is the sensor that I have to replace, in case I'm referring it to it wrong.

mop-83503722_ai_xl.jpg

This is the sensor that I have to replace, in case I'm referring it to it wrong.

That looks like the one on the transmission. It tells the computer the speed or rotations of the transmission. I probably have one on the core that we pulled from the MJ. Will be a couple days before I'm where it is and can check.

Back