• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after 12 hole injection upgrade

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: says who? The guy you bought them from sells them out of his house!
I'm not saying you're wrong. You have given excellent advice on things I have posted and I appreciate that. But I'm more inclined to believe him than a major corporation that couldn't care less about its customers. Also haven't heard anyone else complain about them. If they really dont work I'll be sure to make that noted here so this thread can be resolved

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not saying you're wrong. You have given excellent advice on things I have posted and I appreciate that. But I'm more inclined to believe him than a major corporation that couldn't care less about its customers. Also haven't heard anyone else complain about them. If they really dont work I'll be sure to make that noted here so this thread can be resolved

I'm saying he's shouldn't sell products!

Now for some real life experience! It's all documented here on NAXJA. I just built a 4.6 stroker(2000 XJ) with Ported/Polished big valve heads/intake w/ 62mm throttle body. I run a similar spec injector that was matched/flowed documented 27#@49psi. It runs slightly rich at WOT!

Edit: I'm "not" trying to say he shouldn't sell products!

People complain about them all the time. Its just on facebook where it disappears in 10 minutes. They're cheap injectors off of alibaba that seem to fail a lot and offer no gains over an equally new 1 or 4 hole injector.

Well to add to my bad luck I just got back from a long ass run and was overheated to the point where I could hardly keep my eyes open at the end 😂😂 it hotter than predicted for today I see.

Listen guys my injectors are under warranty. You all have the experience and know best so I'm sure your right.

The only reason I didn't ask you guys before buying them is because I know someone that did the install and they work great for him.

They are under warranty and new ones are in the mail. If they dont work either I'll get injectors that you suggest for my rig. Really appreciate the time you guys take to answer questions

Only complaint that came across my radar was from someone with a 2015 jk. But these injectors are specifically advertised for jeeps and that is not a jeep so...

Let's put some perspective to this!!! I have never tried to measure the port on a injector, but "more" maybe great when they're new but they will clog more easy. I've got that set of 4-hole injectors, I just tried to measure them! My smallest jet drill is .00178" and would not fit any ports. Anyway, in "theory only" in a 1-hole injector is size "X", a 4-hole would be "X/4", and a 12-hole would be "X/12" - just saying!

There is zero data out there to support any of the claims made concerning 12 port injectors. None. Aside from people's butt-dynos, and I've never been shown the NIST calibration stamp on a butt dyno so I don't trust them, especially given people are generally comparing brand new chinesium 12 port injectors vs their multi hundred thousand mile, multi decade old gunked up factory injectors.

Every time I have pressed Raffi about dyno testing his injectors he has evaded the question and not actually done it. The original claim was they make more power and low end torque. Then they were claimed to improve idle and throttle response. Then fuel economy. Every time something does not pan out or people ask for proof of things that the sellers know is not possible, the goalposts change.

I will believe it when someone proves - comparing new 1 or 4 hole injectors to new 12 hole - ANY of the above claims, using actual, calibrated test equipment and rigorous testing procedures. Until then it is bullshit and the sellers are just making money off of the uninformed masses by selling chinesium injectors.

A sucker born every minute.

There is zero data out there to support any of the claims made concerning 12 port injectors. None. Aside from people's butt-dynos, and I've never been shown the NIST calibration stamp on a butt dyno so I don't trust them, especially given people are generally comparing brand new chinesium 12 port injectors vs their multi hundred thousand mile, multi decade old gunked up factory injectors.

Every time I have pressed Raffi about dyno testing his injectors he has evaded the question and not actually done it. The original claim was they make more power and low end torque. Then they were claimed to improve idle and throttle response. Then fuel economy. Every time something does not pan out or people ask for proof of things that the sellers know is not possible, the goalposts change.

I will believe it when someone proves - comparing new 1 or 4 hole injectors to new 12 hole - ANY of the above claims, using actual, calibrated test equipment and rigorous testing procedures. Until then it is bullshit and the sellers are just making money off of the uninformed masses by selling chinesium injectors.

A sucker born every minute.
Well I would like to do an injector upgrade on my 98 4.0. I'd you have a link to some nice injectors that DO improve the way my engine runs and wont make it run rush or lean then please do comment here. If the replacements in the mail dont work I'd like to get something and soon. This little situation is forcing me to drive my 300,000 mile project xj with one shock broken in the rear and only front brakes since now my daily is down

About 3 years ago I put a set of cleaned / flow matched 4 hole injectors in my 180k'ish '98, just recently I was going through my cabinet of parts and found the oem 1 hole take offs, I was bored and figured what the hell, let's do a test.

I put those uncleaned 1 hole injectors with 180k on them back in my pile and guess what ? no difference on the Ass Dyno idle quality or mpg.

My engine is 100% stock, so YMMV if yours is modified.

Remember that OEMs are, and have been, behind the 8 ball when it comes to emissions (higher emissions = inefficient combustion = lower engine power for given amount of fuel used) and fuel economy (again, more gas for less useful work) for decades. Changing from one nozzle style to another on an injector is a very very low cost change for them when they buy millions of units per year. If they could improve any of the factors people claim 4 and 12 hole injectors improve by changing out the injectors, they would - auto companies would gladly slap their own grandmothers if it meant their CAFE numbers went up by even 1mpg or it meant they could eliminate more expensive components required to make an inefficient engine pass emissions.

Some engine designs may require it... it doesn't seem to me like ours need it. Unless someone's got evidence and facts to prove it.

With these it definitely has less harshness to it. At the least. I'm mostly in the market because two of my injectors are of different age (came out of a vehicle with 100k less miles on it). I'd like to have a nice new set. Figured why not do an upgrade while I'm at it. Regardless I dont want to use the set I just pulled out. Would go for new OEM ones before I put these back in

I would suggest a oil test with these new injectors, I think their probably washing the cylinders.
If you want the # for a set of 4-hole injectors that did work - 0 280 156 077 !

I would suggest a oil test with these new injectors, I think their probably washing the cylinders.
If you want the # for a set of 4-hole injectors that did work - 0 280 156 077 !
What is this number? Do I Google it or search it into a specific parts site?

They ran perfect in my non-modified 2000 XJ 4.0!

Back