• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Yeah 8.8 is definitely up to the task. 8.25 is on the questionable side.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks similar to the boostworks. Interested to see your impression

Looks similar to the boostworks. Interested to see your impression

Actually, its an exact-looking knockoff of the IronMan4x4Fab steering box brace. It looks so much like the IronMan4x4Fab kit that its hard to believe that it isn't the real thing.

I've got the IronMan4x4Fab on my XJ. Its a nice piece but takes a bit of fiddling to get it lined up and installed. Also, if you are planning on swapping radiators or fans any time soon, I'd do that before installing this. And as suggested by IronMan4x4Fab, you'll want to chase the welded-in nuts on the frame rail with a tap. One pair is not used from the factory and would not take a bolt until I chased it.

Also. I have a sfr inner steering box stiffner along with a frame crack im pretty bummed about. Im fairly amazed my frames cracked its a small crack but is still a crack. Its cracked on tge under side of tge frame. Amazed cause I have 1/4" plate on outside along with the sfr weld in stiffner. Must need to sleeve box bolts to truly gain strength

I've orderd a ironman ebay knock off box stifner since boostwerx is a wall. The iron man unit looks like it will work but I can't leave well enough alone. Im going to hack it up and some gussets to it just in general beef the shit out of it. And build some kinda protection from rocks. Since the pillow block will be venerable. You wouldn't think it would be but my bulkhead is mangled pretty bad.

interesting. going hydro assist b/c I can keep mine from cracking. just bought SFR inner stiffener as well. but concerned about welding to junk sheet metal.

Curious how you go about it. going to pull my gear to tap and start welding

I think I tacked it on with steering box bolted in then removed box to finish weld.

My nee welder almost makes welding to sheet metal fun. Though I do get on acassion and have fix a hole.

A good hood makes a huge difference i can serve the puddle turning see my ripple pattern in thf puddle and actually see the arc circling the wire as its feeding depositing material.
Thats with both my digital infinity and viking 3350 4c

When I can't see i go off sound. My welder set right sounds like a huge bumble bee. If im traveling to slow or fast the sound becomes irratic and I get alot more sparks and molten flying in my left ear.

I think my frames cracking because I'm going every where twice as fast

100k plus on this 7/8 heim track bar i did for our work truck cummins. I accidentally orderd a few to many

This was burned on my engine drive with 7018 rod

These are narrow misalignment like 1.5" wide to bolt into 3rd gen dodges. My pickup a 2nd gen also has the same. But half the miles
857f72633676a1620bc295cad6791cb6.jpg

Finished work truck and decided I was tired of sledge hammering my leafs straight. I sacrificed the short leaf and welded to it.
99fd0291aeb9e8bac64026e9bde1ea48.jpg

Talked to iron man. Steering brace kit is a copy of his. I almost feel bad. But its 100 bucks less and available right now where iron man is a week plus to get it fabbed and out the door

Maybe its a junk kit. Well see tonight

interesting. going hydro assist b/c I can keep mine from cracking. just bought SFR inner stiffener as well. but concerned about welding to junk sheet metal.

Curious how you go about it. going to pull my gear to tap and start welding

Get some practice material about 14 gauge in size and practice. A LOT. the unibody burns through and you’re ****ed trying to fix a hole that’s hot and thin.

When I did stiffness I was using .035 Lincoln wire and a feed rate of about 160-170 ipm.

You just gotta burn a few holes then youl fix them and know what not to do see when its about to stick wire through the frame thats close to the 235 suggested setting for 035 and 14g. Always favor the plate side. But rolling the bead on the the sheet metal and seeing that its actually burning into both.

Got the clone iron man steering brace in. It was lacking half the hardware. Im going to run a 5/16 stiffner across it and burn tge box in that holds the pillow bearing.

I haven't drove it but now I've got a click coming from i think a track bar heim. Ill probly change the heims out so its all fresh then drive it.

Whoever suggested chasing the bolt holes that was a great suggestion I chsed them and all bolted together well. Only gripe is bolt heads holding pillow mount to cross member are running into the big bolts that clamp the steering gear to it.

Probably doesn't need a stiffner across it but I will. Its basically just a flat plate frame rail to frame rail.
47f4cd0b58df1e3f1f4ba040f78d8660.jpg
a1d78c7a789dafe809b47233db4163f5.jpg

Yes kinda. Ones I've made. The front section is plated with 1/4" were i mounted my coilovers mid section plated through link cross member. Outboard rear shock mounts i plated frame there then did shock towers ohhh and tube fenders have plated anchored points.
I would like to get a mid section frame kit since I'm getting some denting. And transmission crossmember has seen better days

So my not wanting to spend money and finding .120 wall is considered beef in the offroad world. I decide to fix my bent driveshaft. Transfercase side was running out about .8 and pinion side was to much for dial indicator to measure. Lol.

c474743376ba0108cbce5595bc3d6b7d.jpg
6be9c7820ec5938849a6abe6b6a33074.jpg
2fba6e7cc3c80acb5e61e8c8dc680069.jpg

Max
everything is on topic in this thread.
I got the runout on the new tube down to .08 I had it down almost to .05 then grew when final weld.
Ran around the block and ohhh man much smoother
I also made this longer since I've stretched the rear 1" and lifted lots more spline engagement now and much smoother. Not convinced I need a sye the way I use the jeep.

No one WANTS to use an sye... it becomes a necessity when you play hard though. Getting better spline engagement is nice and all, good job there! Turing your rear ds into a pretzel and pooping all the trans fluid out the back of the tcase is a nightmare to deal with on the trail man. With an Sye you can limp home in front wheel drive with the busted rear DS tossed in the back seat

Probly will end up doing sye specialy now that this driveline turned out well. So I can truck on as planned spend alittle more on tge jb super short. If im gona do it going short as possible to make the longest driveline possible.

But absolutely uneeded more wanted and helps with future black box dreams. Every mod is a step towards the next mod.

Good plan on some practice runs. I've worked with it before rebuilding front bumper mounts so I've definitely burned thru several times

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Added a atlas46 roll. Starting to become organized.
Step 22 has 3/8 atlas 1/2 pluss full set of wrenches.
Step 22 has mixed wrenches most all needed stuff in it for dana 30 repairs
a16ab51ca05921bd72ee543216b2922c.jpg
223f374047826095b99c6e2a4537b84d.jpg

Back