• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sliders

GermanXJ said:
How are you guys bolting your sliders to the frame rails? how many bolts are you using on the pinch seam?:firedevil :wierd:

As usual, the answer is 42.

I had the DayStar Four Real tubes on mine till I bent the piss out of them. Per side they had 4 in the frame rail and 2 on the pinch seam. Tore them off regularly.:shiver:

Plated the frame rails, put in an 8 point cage, tied the floor plate feet to the plated rails and welded 2x4 box sliders to the feet , rails and pinch seam. No more tearing them off and no more sliders parts departing the XJ. :sunshine:

I put mine on using 9 bolts to the frame rail and four on the anti-lift brackets. I did not bolt to the pinch seam, but put shock pads (cut from hockey pucks) against the floor just inside the pinch seam. These are combination nerf bar/rock sliders which I designed and built. You can see the specs and photos at home.windstream.net/rsolomon/jeep .
Let me know what you think.

Cowboydoc said:
But it still doesn't fit the question....wanna grab a beer? I know a grewat place at the end of the galaxy.....he he he. I thought I was the only one still alive that had read that series!
No, I read all of them, too. If you get a chance read " Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency"........hilarious!--------Hans

Cowboydoc said:
But it still doesn't fit the question....wanna grab a beer? I know a grewat place at the end of the galaxy.....he he he. I thought I was the only one still alive that had read that series!

We can all drink pan galactic gargle blasters!

When I built my rails I used 6 1/4-20 through 1x1x1/8 tube to the pinch seam. Then I used 6 (2 per plate on the 3 legs back to the "frame") 3/8" self tapping flange hex head cap screws that I bought from McMaster Carr. Has worked just fine. The self tappers did have some trouble tapping into the "frame" and I did actually use a tap to help get them started in a couple spots but overall fairly easy.

These are old, but:

401189_26_full.jpg

401189_27_full.jpg

Back