• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mineral basin

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if there are any trail runs this spring since they have opened up the back roads in the Wasatch range and Uintas. I would like to get as many XJ's involved to go have some fun. Let me know if any one in the Wasatch area is interested. THX

I live in Bountiful and am very intrested just let me know when you would like to go.

I have never done it before but i hear that it is very fun.

Jerm S.

Yeah, count me in!

I tried out Providence Canyon in Cache Valley yesterday, didn't even make Mathew's Hollow before the snow turned us back. Good that there is still that much up there, we really need it this year.

XJEEPER

I'm up for Mineral basin. We will be heading up AF Canyon June 7th (see Moab forum). I don't know if the snow will be all melted, but it sure has been hot lately. XJEEPER, sounds like a perfect opportunity to do some "wheeling" babysitting.

Thanks for the reply. David B is going up to Mineral Basin the 7th of June, I am up for that. Talked to Forest service and there is construction up the mountain to mineral(one hour delays). Aspen grove can be faster for now. We can meet in Sundance parking lot @9:00am on saturday if that sounds o.k. with everyone else. We can talk about a chapter in Utah when we all get together up the mountain. So lets get some feed back on this and I will bring the camera for some fun shots.

Sundance? Where's that? The ski resort? How's 'Aspen Grove'? Rocks, etc. I need to check out my suspension and axle mods..........

I've always met at the Tibble Creek Res. parking lot for Mineral Basin. Nice call on contacting the Forest Service, though.

I think I know most everybody, already but am not acquainted with climbon or xjblue, the rest of these guys will spank my rig, so let's stay to Mineral Basin......

I'd like to get in on the Mineral Basin run too! If nothing else a chance to meet you guys. I think the Tibble Creek Res. parking lot is a good place to meet as well.

If you guys want to meet at Tibble creek res. I'm fine with that but as I said before they are doing reclaimation work on a mine up there and there can be up to an hour wait as they run big trucks back and forth. It's your call, what time do we want to meet at Tibble creek res.

David B said:
Why haven't we created a NAXJA Utah Chapter yet?
We can. It's a matter of organizing it and getting people to take on the responsibility of leading it. I've considered, but working full time and attending two colleges takes up most of my time. Any takers? :)

Tom

Dang, is that date set in stone? I won't be back in town until the weekend after that. :tear:
Anyone up for something this weekend or the weekend after the 7th?

It seems that June 7th might be too soon for some, but I will join David B and others who can go up to mineral basin on that Saturday. Tibble creek res. @ 10:00am June 7th, snow or mud let's see how high we can climb. I have white XJ w/4.5 lift and a wilderness rack on top I will be there. Also, I know the 20 year XJ event is in October but I was thinking of a pre-run down to moab August 1-3rd. Hope to see you all on saturday.

I'll plan on Tibble Cr. Res. at 10:00. I'll be accompanied by a white XJ - 4" lift/33's, red XJ - 4" lift/32's, TJ - stock/30's, and I'm in a red XJ - 8.5" lift/34's. We'll all be with family (wife and kid), hope that is all right with everyone. Bring a lunch!

David B said:
Why haven't we created a NAXJA Utah Chapter yet?

The "Lake Bonneville" NAXJA Chapter.........I nominate David Barnhisel for Chapter Pres, all if favor?

We actually have plenty of local Utah/Idaho XJers to form our own chapter, we just need the dedicated folk to step up to the challenge of club government. Several of us that have been with NAXJA from the beginning have discussed this before, but it seems like we've all been too busy to move things forward (myself included). It just takes some time, but we should definitely re-hash the subject in the near future.

I'm gonna try and swing the 7th.

XJEEPER

Sounds like Dave is pres. as I second the nomination.....:D

I should be there, but we are cancelling on a family trip to WY (so I'm not sure if we're not going---wife's family).

Back