• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hazard lights

el minator

NAXJA Forum User
my hazard lights don't work.... the turn signals work, the fuse looks fine and all of the bulbs are still good.
does anyone know what the problem could be?

What year? On earlier (pre-91) models, there are two flashers, one for the signals and one for the hazard. On later ones, there's a combination flasher. If yours is earlier type, I'd first suspect the flasher or the fuse for the hazard lights, which is also separate (I think).

it's an '89... is this problem related to the green arrow lights staying on in my gauge cluster? the lights aren't blinking, but they just stay lit when i turn on my headlights.

Swap the two flasher relays around and see if it fixes the problem. BTW my 1993 uses two also. I could feel the relay click with the blinkers on.

Sarge

The green arrows staying on indicate a poor ground for the parking light/turn signal lamps. The parking lights don't have a decent ground path, so they make their own by back-feeding through the turn signal circuit.

Check and see if your brake lights are also not working. Brake light fuse powers both. Had that problem with my '87, and although the fuses looked good, one had a blade that was corroded a bit and didn't make proper contact.

Back