• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB Radio mounting...

Have fun talking to yourself, CB's are history as of the last century. Even FRS is almost out the door!

There are places I wheel where there is no cell phone reception, but a CB will work.

Both my Jeeps now have them, and wheelin' buddies also got them.

I will certainly enjoy not being muted by lack of signal. =)

Ta.

hastas

I thought cb’s were dead too… but not around here! Every joe bob, Dylan and Cletus is on cb, and every little canyon has a specific channel posted at the entry.

You goto Easter jeep safari, where everyone has a $50k+ jeep, with everything on it, cb might be dead, sure!

When I was still working we had the sprint push to talk radio's they worked fine around town start up the hollow and the radio just lost the signal turned itself off .

I have a ham license and a dual band rig. Still have to toss the CB in every now and then because that is what the rest of the group is running.

CBs are old and obsolete, but folks are still running them.

Go GMRS. more people use them because rugged radio got banned from selling unlicensed hams.

Back