• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ BUILD (WITH LS SWAP)

I plan on repainting the whole thing red again when I'm done so mind as well huh. What do you guys think, red or black for the engine bay?

chevy orange!!!

im planning on building a 5.3 bored to 5.7 with a 383 stoker crank in it with a cam/ported heads some time after i do jk 44s and buy a house...so atleast 3-5 years from now probablt

my goal is around 400 to the wheels, cause i obviously need it to be way faster than it already is haha

im planning on building a 5.3 bored to 5.7 with a 383 stoker crank in it with a cam/ported heads some time after i do jk 44s and buy a house...so atleast 3-5 years from now probablt

my goal is around 400 to the wheels, cause i obviously need it to be way faster than it already is haha

i know the feeling man i was so close to just getting a 6.0 but i didnt want to deal with the trans/tc, i want it to be a simple swap lol then after i get it down then i know i have the ability to go in and either drop a 6.0 in later or like your talking just build up a nasty little "5.3" i know it would be hard due to manifold to frame rail space. but how hard would it be to put a turbo or two :))) in there? or has it been done? I know for a fact these motors can handle a decent amount of boost without failure and on top of that its hard to boost one and get under 450hp. Or would it just not make sense due to wait time on spool, i could see that being an issue in the rocks, but out in the desert man that would be wicked haha

there are plenty of junk yard 5.3s how there with a turbo and supporti g modsmaking 600rwhp

the smaller bore of the 5.3s handles boost well because id doesnt leverage on yhe pin as much as a larger bore piston would

im not on the turbo train tho, i dont like that the power isnt imeidiatly there

my tdi jetta is slow as hell enless you floor it

i know the feeling man i was so close to just getting a 6.0 but i didnt want to deal with the trans/tc, i want it to be a simple swap lol then after i get it down then i know i have the ability to go in and either drop a 6.0 in later or like your talking just build up a nasty little "5.3" i know it would be hard due to manifold to frame rail space. but how hard would it be to put a turbo or two :))) in there? or has it been done? I know for a fact these motors can handle a decent amount of boost without failure and on top of that its hard to boost one and get under 450hp. Or would it just not make sense due to wait time on spool, i could see that being an issue in the rocks, but out in the desert man that would be wicked haha

i had a line on a 6.0/4l80e but i already had a built 231j and the aa afapter at the dime and didnt want to deal with the 4l80e

looming back i wish id gotten that motor casue i likely wouldnt have had the trans problems that i did

i had a line on a 6.0/4l80e but i already had a built 231j and the aa afapter at the dime and didnt want to deal with the 4l80e

looming back i wish id gotten that motor casue i likely wouldnt have had the trans problems that i did

Yeah I feel you on the turbo lagg. That's the one thing that had me going back and forth the sheer strength of the 80e over the 60e is crazy but I'm gonna buy a new/rebuilt 60e with small upgrade it should be adequate

I hope no one has lost faith in this build, I have been so busy working on customer cars these past few weeks I have barley even got to look at the jeep. Im finishing up my last job this weekend then gonna take the next few weekends to get to work on the jeep and hopefully have the bay painted and set the motor in, its onto looking for a transmission, so if anyone knows a good place to get an affordable 4l60e please shoot that info this way lol.

I hope no one has lost faith in this build, I have been so busy working on customer cars these past few weeks I have barley even got to look at the jeep. Im finishing up my last job this weekend then gonna take the next few weekends to get to work on the jeep and hopefully have the bay painted and set the motor in, its onto looking for a transmission, so if anyone knows a good place to get an affordable 4l60e please shoot that info this way lol.

Dude, Its now been over 2 years since I started my LS swap (and its still not finished). Take your time.

Thanks guys. To be honest I never really bothered to look at the dates in your threads. Lol I just read through them all because they are all so far along! I got caught up in all the cool shit you guys have done!

I have a question for you guys that have done this already. What did you do as far as ac? i have no need for it so i am leaving it out. my question is, is there a pulley that is made for this? i cant seem to find one online anywhere for the 5.3. if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Are you thinking you need an A/C delete pulley?

You don't need one. The A/C compressor is on a completely separate belt than the serpentine. The serpentine goes on the front of the balancer and the a/c ones goes on the back of the balancer to the compressor. Should be able to just remove the belt, compressor, and brackets to remove it.

so as im looking for a transmission im seeing that its possible that the year motor i have requires a transmission from only and 05/06? i thought that 99-06 were pretty much all interchangeable? Please fill me in if i am thinking wrong. my motor is a 2006

Last edited:
Good idea, so a little off topic but supper shitty. Someone stole my king shocks from my parents house. To say the least im a little frustrated right now...

Back