• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my build thread

shawnxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i bought this cherokee for $500 just before thanksgiving. bonus is it had 5" of lift bad part is it didn't run so i had to drag it home....good thing it was only a mile away

ya stock tires on 5" of lift...pretty huh?

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.
PC100007.jpg

got home from work the next day and had it running within an hour but it was running really bad and had horrible blowby. so replaced all the vacuum lines pulled the valve cover off cleaned it up good and checked out the top end and all was good. still ran like ****. tried abunch of different cleaners hoping there was a stuck ring or valve or something but nothing worked. ended up pulling the head and found a nasty hole in the number 6 piston. wish i had gotten a picture but i didn't. anyways so i dropped the head and new piston and connecting rod off at millers to do their thing. so i refreshed the motor and it runs badass now. anyways onto the interesting stuff

so this was my front suspension when i got it

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.
PC240010.jpg

wol_error.gif
PC240011.jpg

kinda looks like a somebody had there head up there butt when they did it doesn't it

here it is after being redone

wol_error.gif
P4210003.jpg

oh and i still have to put the control arm brackets on and the track bar mount

wol_error.gif
P4210013.jpg

these should keep the mud and misc. crap from getting inside the tubes of my d 30

wol_error.gif
P4210014.jpg

other goodies involved with this axle.... motive gear 4.88 gears and a detroit locker...sorry forgot to get pictures

here's the ford 8.8 that's going in the rear. it also has 4.88's courtesy of motive gear with a stock limited slip

wol_error.gif
P4210012.jpg

river rat should recognize these....thanks for the
smokin.gif
g deal man

wol_error.gif
P4210007.jpg

stats...35/12.50/17 pro comp xterrians on black steelies

freebie courtesy of wheelerdude...thanks man

wol_error.gif
P4210009.jpg

still need to pick up some rims since these are spares

so right now i'm working on stiffening up the unibody using ruff stuff specialties unirail stiffeners

wol_error.gif
P4210006.jpg

hmm beefy

wol_error.gif
P4210005.jpg

here's the driver side installed. don't know how i'm gonna do the passenger side since it's right up against the wall. need to move the heep over about 2 feet but i guess i need to get the front end under it first

here's the crappy bumper i built. i hate it and it's gonna get redone

wol_error.gif
P4210008.jpg

i'm building my own long arm setup courtesy of ballistic fabs heim joints, poly bushings and 2"X .25 wall dom lowers with 1.5"X .25 wall dom uppers. waiting on the brackets i just ordered to get here so i can finish up my front end

wol_error.gif

wol_error.gif
P4210011.jpg

still debating how i'm gonna do my steering since i don't have a clue on it. also need to figure out what i'm gonna do about skids so i might hit up some of you local s.a. boys to give me some design pointers

oh nother freebie courtesy of my boss and alamo body and paint. i broke my old service truck so my boss bought me a new truck and since the new truck is white and the old truck was black i had to respray it to match. so i get the left over paint...over half a gallon of it. the cans sitting on the truckbed i had to repaint

wol_error.gif
P4210010.jpg

still need a few bits and pieces....like driveshafts, rear springs, and new exhaust and some other odds and ends

future plans? thinking about a dana 300 and customizing a d60 front when my 30 blows up except i hate the full width look so i'll prolly shorten it and have some shafts custom cut but that's a long way down the road hopefully

i'll try and update this periodically

Back