• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crash test dummy - passed my test! Jeep did not.

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well, what a great day wheeling! Too bad it ended with a big BANG!

PICT0015-2.jpg

PICT0012-2.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

Head-on into an F350 or something big like that. Comoing around a curve on 3N16 about 1 mile from Crab Flats. I come around a sharp curve as he was about to enter it from the other direction. Luckily niether of us were going any faster.

Both air bags deployed! At least they worked!

Assessment - probably totalled.

Most important thing is that no one was injured! I am pretty stiff and sore and cannot get the dang image out of my head.

We will ahve to see what insurance co says.

Glad it only vehicular carnage with none of it spilling over to you guys!

Damn glad your ok, good thing you have that bumper. A stocker would've folded like a taco. I hope its repairable.

yeah, that was a downer for sure. but im glad you were ok. you did an awesome job at spotting on the water fall. So thank you for that.

Hope you get her fixed soon.

Julio boostamante

WTF is that big ass truck doing on a trail anyway? You know damn well that that truck isnt gonna do anything the jeeps do, besides drive down that dirt road! Glad to hear that your alright.

i totally love naxja - everyone steps up a notch when help is needed - roberts rig can be fixed, and made newer & better by peeps on naxja - i'll lend a hand any way i can

tone - like ALL accidents, it was a lot of factors that came together at the wrong time - can't blame anyone on this - it happened - everyone is okay, that's the most important thing - by the way, justin directed traffic after the accident, in the heat, and probably saved a bunch of fender benders - thanx

Keep control of the rig, don't let the insurance take it. Call me tomorrow..... went through getting a rig totalled with the insurance company so I can give you the do's and don'ts that I"ve learned.

Glad you're O.K. man! Did that bend the frame? If not it is probably fixable if you have the time, if not then you can look for a good donor and we can have a swap party.

"Frame" rails are toast! Rollins came by and pointed out a couple of kinks in the passenger side. Don't think insurance will fix it. Probably total it out. if so, I am defintely buying it back.

Remi - I will call you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I filed the claim with insurance. They will call me back on Monday and then we will see what happens. I told them that if it is totalled, I want to buy it back.

If so, then I will have to see what they do to help me find a replacement.

I have to play this step by step right now.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for all of the support and offers.

Thanks everyone.

I filed the claim with insurance. They will call me back on Monday and then we will see what happens. I told them that if it is totalled, I want to buy it back.

If so, then I will have to see what they do to help me find a replacement.

I have to play this step by step right now.

I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for all of the support and offers.

I have some experience with this also. PM me if you need any insurance advice. Even though you didn't roll it I still say chop it!
Glad you are OK. Thats a huge truck you took on!

Is that Mr.Pickle's red rig behind you?

Sorry to hear this Robert. I knew you shouldn't have gone wheeling. :D

Don't depend on the insurance company to find you a new vehicle. Do a lot of research on your own. Find some vehicles for sale that are exactly as yours (in stock form, of course). Print these out and submit them to the insurance company.

Time to build something bigger and better.

Sorry to hear this Robert. I knew you shouldn't have gone wheeling. :D

Don't depend on the insurance company to find you a new vehicle. Do a lot of research on your own. Find some vehicles for sale that are exactly as yours (in stock form, of course). Print these out and submit them to the insurance company.

Time to build something bigger and better.

Heck, it's the first time I really wheeled it in over a year! It did fantastic! No issues. Then..... BLAM!!!

I know I will have to find the replacement. I will start looking tomorrow. I am gonna try to go to sleep. I just got to get the image and sound from the impact out of my head !

Bigger & better? We will just have to see what happens...

Back