• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1986 diesel Jeep Cherokee fuel system

adrien

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1986 Jeep Cherokee turbo diesel Renault 2.1 and I'm having problems with the fuel system and need printed information and diagrams on the subject ASAP.
Thanks
Adrien

You have a rare Jeep there. The factory service manuals are probably your best bet on accurate information. I would not imagine that just any mechanic would be able to handle that Dodo. Good luck.

XJguy

Adrien:

i just ordered one from Book4Cars.com- sent back a note to inform they are out of stock on this book - not holding my breath if they get one soon

There are some on ebay from time to time- someone has a manual on CD on Ebay - dunno if it will cover the turbo diesel or the fuel system

i know it is a Bosch electronic injector pump and in the BMW 2.4 Tdi ( not sure if it is same pump) this pump would fail due to seals- It can be rebuilt- aprox 500-700$ depending - what is the matter with your fuel system if I may ask- I have yet to get the 85 year of your Xj - just bought one of Ebay and have yet to retreive - but i am well versed in diesels

good luck

peace

The injection system is VW its a Bosch VE series.Look under VW on the net. Also it is mechanical other then one wire for fuel shutoff. Of course the fuel pump is electrical.

Back