• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cavfab control arms?

drkstrurethane

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. I found some cavfab arms for sale a bit ago. The price is right. I cant however find any info from anyone who's used them. Anyone have any input? I'm a little worried cause the guy had them on his jeep for a few weeks supposedly and now "wants go go in a different direction " to me sounds like he didn't like them. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Are they the model with heims?

Probably not a good deal then.

Even with the best heims(which aren't chinese), you would have a noisy/harsh ride.

You can likely swap out the heims for a quality flex joint like the ones produced by Summit Machine.

These are the joints that come standard on the TnT Y-Link kit and are also used by lots of Ultra4 race car builders, so plenty tough for XJ usage.

Greaseable, quiet and beefy.

www.summitmachine.com

The only problem there is that they small threads.

Cavfab!

I think harsh ride would come more from a shitty suspension than the type of joint that's used

I'm sure that has a bit to do with it but I would really think the geometry of the arms has a more to do with it? I or course could be very wrong.

You can likely swap out the heims for a quality flex joint like the ones produced by Summit Machine.

These are the joints that come standard on the TnT Y-Link kit and are also used by lots of Ultra4 race car builders, so plenty tough for XJ usage.

Greaseable, quiet and beefy.

I was thinking that or even johnny joints. If I could fab better I'd just make my own...
www.summitmachine.com

Yes if geometry is shitty ride will also be.
Most the photos I see are jeeps on tall lifts with long arms or tall lifts on short arms.
Many long arm kits try to make a flat belly. This puts arms at and angle with 4-6" lifts. Also creates a harsh ride. Poly bushings might help rubber would would maybe help more.

Less lift would help the most to flatten arm angle and get close to a desirable geometry.
My xj is on sagging 3" springs I measured at about 1.5" of lift. Damn thing rides and flexes with the long arm jeeps costing tons more. Maybe better than some. I always get comments like man your jeep walked right through that. What suspension is it. I'm just 3" coils a basterd packed rear and welded rear end. With tires aired down to 15lbs . Does damn good.

Though I've cut like 6" out of front fenders now. And rears bump stopping on the fender.

If guys aren't willing to cut they have to rely heavily on bump stops or tall lifts. My welded rear is really what makes it though. I can pack the front tires and keep going where they are fighting trying to pick a line that doesn't stop them.

Yeah I would rather cut than lift too. I'm just looking for a little more flex and I'm trying to do it on the cheap as I have several other hobbies and a family.

I'm on stock control arms. Only reason I see to upgrade is the bushing cant take it. But my rig is 99percent offroad so it doesn't really matter that bushing are shot.
Factory bump stop does a good job keeping the coil located that's how far itflexes. I'm running shocks for dodge pickup on thefront with reworked lower mounts. That helps flex

Back