• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Throwing P0172 & P0175

TORC811

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I swapped injectors and TB on my XJ while I was replacing a locked up alternator. Now that I have everything back together, the Jeep is throwing P0172 and P0175 codes. I have done some searching and will:

1) check the O2 Sensor heater fuse
2) double check all of the ground wires to be safe
3) swap the MAP sensor with a spare (AutoZone's suggestion but I don't think this is it)
4) Double check the air filter to make sure it is in good shape

More background:
2001 XJ Limited with 72,000 miles, K Suspension 12-hole injectors, and a 62mm TB that I got from ForeWheeler. The Jeep starts and idles fine in hot weather but is sluggish at low acceleration. Once I get near 2000 RPM, it takes off and runs great.

Am I on the right track? Or should I be looking at something else?

Sounds like the wrong injectors! Your about the 3rd person this month that got injectors from "K" that were not the right ones.

Sounds like the wrong injectors! Your about the 3rd person this month that got injectors from "K" that were not the right ones.

I have seen a couple of the other posts and am prepared for that. Just trying to eliminate other possibilities first. I would have assumed I would see a misfire or injector code if it was an injector.

What was the part# on the injectors? I think the codes your getting say it all!

P0172 1/1 Fuel System Rich A rich air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally lean correction factor.

P0175 2/1 Fuel System Rich A rich air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally lean correction factor.

I talked to him this morning. Sounds like I was part of the known bad batch. Looks like they are coming out tonight or this weekend.

Are you ones you have now #0280156161(Red)? Are they sending you the same ones?

Are you ones you have now #0280156161(Red)? Are they sending you the same ones?

The ones that I have now are red. I would have to verify the part number. I am not sure what he is sending me... he is waiting for another shipment.

I have a set of 4-hole (I think Bosch) coming from a buddy tomorrow to get me back up and running.

Those are to big for a stock motor. In my stroker, I'm currently running 0280155849's (4 hole version of about what you have now)and they run a touch fat when WOT. I'm thinking about trying some 0280155715's!
I've got a set of 0280156007's that are a 4 hole factory upgrade that worked great.
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

What ever happened???

Back