• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0280156007 VS. 784 Injectors

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
I see a lot about the 784 injectors but not the 0280156007. Has anyone used them?

Also seems like I see a lot of "short term" reviews along the lines of, " I just put these in an hour ago and they run good" but no long term reviews...e.g. I have had these on for a year now and I am still pleased......

So do you guys have any long term reviews?

Just stick to what's well known.
784s for your 99+ work fine from stock to stroker.
The computer adjusts how much fuel is sprayed anyway. The only difference is the spray pattern.

Yea, I was just curious, I see a lot of people say that they installed them, but I don't see any long term updates... my curiousity is spiked, I have to know!!!!

Plus the BOSCH 0280156007 flow less, so I would assume they would tend to give a better MPG than the 784

I don't know why anyone would run a injector large enough for a stroker in a stock engine (this includes the usual bolt ons). The PCM is already programmed a bit rich on the top end and running larger injectors just makes it worse, not to mention screwing up the fuel trims. The 007s are very close to your stock injectors in flow.

831, is yours a DD or a trail rig? I am setting up my DD. I really do think Taylan is right but I just hoped someone who had actually done the swap would chime in.

Just updating. I ordered the 007 injector I will report back when I see results. I do want to note that I replaced my gas cap( finally tracked down the gas smell) and I have seen an increase from 17.7 to 20 mpg. I have put 400 miles on the jeep since the gas cap but so far best 10 buck mid yet.

Thirty miles to a tank is a pretty big difference in the long run... at least from my perspective.

So I got mine installed yesterday (007s). There is no difference so far in "peppyness" or in starting faster.... I will be taking a 400 mile trip this weekend and I will report back on gas milage. My old injectors looked to be in great shape (14 years old and 150 miles... they looks almost as good as the refurbed ones I just bought).

Really I would expect 0 performance gain unless the stock injectors are dirty. The PCM will maintain 14.7:1 AFR in closed loop (most of the driving). Sure you are getting a finer spray, but you also have to take into consideration that the stock injector is firing on the back of a very hot closed intake valve.

Really I would expect 0 performance gain unless the stock injectors are dirty. The PCM will maintain 14.7:1 AFR in closed loop (most of the driving). Sure you are getting a finer spray, but you also have to take into consideration that the stock injector is firing on the back of a very hot closed intake valve.

Exactamundo

Thirty miles to a tank is a pretty big difference in the long run... at least from my perspective.

Really?? Lets do the math.

Assumptions:

• Driving 12,000 miles per year
  • Averaging 13 miles per gallon (that's what I get :eyes:)
  • Paying $4.00 per gallon for regular unleaded
  • Averaging 18 gallons to fill the tank
With these numbers you will save 5.83 gallons per year, which is $23.31.
If you're getting 16 MPG then the savings shrinks to $15.72 in a year.
If it's a worst case scenario and you are driving 15,000 miles per year and averaging 13 MPG you would save a whopping $29.14 per year.

I did a quick search and found an eBay auction for 6 remanufactured 0280156007 injectors for $97.99. So I suppose if you fit the worst case scenario you would start to save money in year 4... But how many miles per year do YOU actually put on your XJ?

Personally, I put less than 1,000 in a year. I would drop the $100 in a heartbeat if there was a performance gain in it, but without that...

But it's an XJ and meant to be modded, so rock on. (I am interested to see your mileage difference after your trip.)

Truth. I only replaced mine because my injectors were failing and needed to be replaced anyway. I wanted to try out a set with the finer spray for the heck of it since the price was comparable.

I'm what you will call a "unique person." This jeep is the first and only car I have ever owned. I have had it for 12 years and its 14 years old. I plan on putting at least 300,000 more miles on it before it probably will break in half. So a 4 year ROI is worth it to me because I know I will have it for 25 more. No scientific data yet but, I am seeing 25mpg highway on my overhead console when I used to get 19-20 max. Thats crusing at 65 MPH on flat road. Not saying that there is any benefit yet because I have only put around 60 miles on it so far.

BTW IDK if the guy was lying but I had someone come up to me yesterday admiring my jeep. He said he got 500,000 miles on his origional engine before he sold it.... it didn't blow up... he sold it and he told me he regretted his decision.... gosh you gotta love a Jeep.

Yeah in all honestly, they're not much different from the stock injectors. So I can agree with everything being said here.

I haven't noticed any major gains.

Glad you have the long term outlook.

Something to keep in mind though. If I recall correctly (and I may be wrong), the fuel mileage on that display is based on injector pulse widths computed against the stock injector flow rate. Assuming that is right, then an injector with a different flow rate with make that display inaccurate since the computer will adjust fuel trims (and pulse width) to reach a correct fuel ratio. Your most accurate numbers will come from fill up to fill up mileage.

Back