• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest 2020

if you enter Joshua Tree off of the I-10 freeway you can get out of paying the fees.After you pass the entrance gate you take the Old Dale mine road, they have a lot of old mines an stuff to check out. We just find a canyon to set up camp for the night. Google it and see what you can do. Haven't found anything hard to do, just driving around to the mines. We have found some with the tracks still on the ground.

Make since? LOL.

Yup...do it every black Friday from Berdoo canyon and exit at the north.

My earlier comments were only pertaining to SoCal Fest. J tree is NOT a good location for people wanting to bring campers, tow rigs, buggies, etc. Also the camping is great...but not family friendly for most...dry camping is an acquired taste.

I have done the Old Dale Mine Rd and some of the various mines. The Varmints are accustomed to dry camping such as that. But I will grant that it is not for everyone, and would be particularly challenging to set up dinner and a raffle out there.

OTOH, we wouldn't have to worry about someone coming around and complaining about too many rigs in one site.

How does Calico the weekend of May 16-17 sound? Sorry I haven't been on the back to this but I have been out of town for work and then spent a weekend out in Calico with my boys. I'm going to get the thread created ASAP

Marking it on my calendar now.

updates because of the bug? No BBQ? Self feed? Following distance 800ft?

With regard to National Park fees, there are a couple of ways to get around them: Fourth graders and seasoned citizens.

Any fourth grader should have a National Parks Pass. The "Every Kid in a Park" program has been doing this for years. A kid with a pass gets his family (or whoever else is in the vehicle) in for free.

Any seasoned citizen should get their lifetime National Parks Pass. You pay once and you are good for the rest of your life. And, like the fourth grader, everybody else in the vehicle gets in for free. At the 35th anniversary event in Moab SandySteve was trail leader for the Lathrop Canyon run. He wanted to do that run via the Schafer Trail (definitely the best way to do it), but knowing that involved going into Canyonlands and thus needing park passes he rounded up three seasoned citizen friends of his and brought them along for the ride so that they could be available to hop into anyone else's rig as a passenger and help defray the costs.
Service connected disabled veterans I believe get free access with their VA medical ID, as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Color me shocked.

Not.

This is one of those things where once you go one direction, how do you then turn about and go the other way?

Just how do they think they are going to re-open schools? Good luck telling all the parents "things are safe now." What do they expect to happen? The virus to disappear just as quickly as it appeared? Good luck with that.

And imagine what happens when they declare things are safe and a second outbreak occurs.

We live in interesting times.

(Just one Chinese curse on top of another)

Color me shocked.

Not.

This is one of those things where once you go one direction, how do you then turn about and go the other way?

Just how do they think they are going to re-open schools? Good luck telling all the parents "things are safe now." What do they expect to happen? The virus to disappear just as quickly as it appeared? Good luck with that.

And imagine what happens when they declare things are safe and a second outbreak occurs.

We live in interesting times.

(Just one Chinese curse on top of another)

I feel this is akin to unintended biological warfare.

Back