• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you check my sway bar position?

looks good to me ( i guess, im no expert here...but wanted to give you some quick advice)

i remember, when i threw on some JKS discos, i asked on here about good positioning of the front sway bar, andi believe the answer that you wanted it, at rest to be as close to horizontal as you could get..and being over 20 degrees away from that was bad

so yours, to me, look good.

CaptTrev

It could definately be more parallel to the ground, but I don't think it's going to hurt anything sitting like that.

It does look a lillte "high" to me -- loading the front (stuffing) may result in those threads contacting the inner fender... -- probably nothing you'd see for "normal street" when the bar is connected, but a "whoops" on a dip or speed-bump may do it to ya...

the whole thing about having the arm of a sway bar parallel to the ground (actually, the action-link should be perpendicular to the input moment) relates to the "sensitivity" of the bar -- a 2" input at 90* (right angle) will cause more torsional loading on the bar than will the same 2" deflection at something less than 90* (a function of the sine of the input angle) -- since that angle is repeated on the other side of the vehicle, the decreased sensativity amount is doubled -- for the 10* or so that you've got showing there, you're probably "loosing" on the neighborhood of 3% effectiveness ...

Now if you pitch the nose-down (as in heavy braking) and get another 10* or more of off-set at the bar end you'll see a definite loss in bar performance (neighborhood of 12% loss) -- so a panic brake swerve manuver may show some degradation...

so really, good enough!

About the only draw back would be a higher potential for contact with the inner fender (on a big dip), and the kinda non-lienar response of the sway-bar to roll under heavy-braking

Back