• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango Steering box rebuilt and ported

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I was able to snag a Durango box. Around here they are more scarce than hens teeth, and I have done a complete rebuild with new seals and bearings. It is ported and plugged so you can use it as a standard box until you decide to go hydro assist. I'm asking $200 shipped via USPS Priority mail. It will go out Saturday. No core required. I accept PayPal ([email protected])

I will also have a standard XJ box done the same way available for $160.

I'm trying to fund my new teardrop offroad trailer I am building. The build thread will go up this weekend.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado
970-391-8927

Any possibility of shipping XJ box to Canada?
if so, quote to

Tom
23 Empire Cres.
L1E 1V7,
Ontario, Canada

I've got a stateside guy that PM'd me that was interested. I know you hear it all the time but shipping to Canada is a real pain.

What is the cheapest way to ship. USPS was quoting almost $150.

Last edited:
USPS has always been cheapest for me. flat rate box has served me well size wise, at $10, but the weight is probably too much.

I totally understand the hassle, and didn't expect any favours (even if Tom is a name of great men) so by all means sell it on your side.
If you happen along another in the future I have a drop box stateside, but will be making a trip there a week from now... but won't again for a few months. I have been keeping an eye out for your threads on here, so if another pops up before I have purchased elsewhere (or butchered my own first) I will check in again.

Thanks

Tom

I'll take it.....

Sold

I still have a standard XJ box rebuilt and ported for $160.

how much to rebuild and tap a Durango box If I sent it to you?

TopView.jpg

I figure it would run $120 shipped back to you. That includes a complete teardown, inspection, steering range modifications, cleaning including glass beading all external steel parts to remove rust, painting, baking, ported and pluged. It will have all new bearings and seals and be bench adjusted.

Back