• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Recommendations

I do not. Travel is just shy of 9" I think.
Maybe 8.5.

Pictured is roughly center of shock stroke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping for 10" travel at the front, but no way I'll get that in the rear unless I run high end leaves. I'll be very happy if I get 9" there. 8" seems to be what I can expect without causing the leaves to take a new set.

I have installed several sets of DoetschTech DT3000 on my XJ's, and will be installing a fresh set this spring.

I have thrown away several sets of lightly used Monroe shocks that were too floppy, and gave away some 6 month old Rancho shocks that were useless crap.
For the money, they're pretty hard to beat. Will be ordering DTs when I go up an inch or so. Good shocks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I personally am giving Iron Rocks shocks a try as they are cheap and bilsteins on back order. Well its been almost 2 weeks and still no shocks. They aren't on back order anymore so I was truly thinking I would have em here already. Sadly I also realized I need a hack and tap (np242) and well I guess Iron rock offroad might be my best option again. I just really can't stand waiting this long again for the hack and tap so I can finally drive my damn xj............not really happy at the moment.

I personally am giving Iron Rocks shocks a try as they are cheap and bilsteins on back order. Well its been almost 2 weeks and still no shocks. They aren't on back order anymore so I was truly thinking I would have em here already. Sadly I also realized I need a hack and tap (np242) and well I guess Iron rock offroad might be my best option again. I just really can't stand waiting this long again for the hack and tap so I can finally drive my damn xj............not really happy at the moment.

I like Iron Rock's products and have purchased many things from them over the years. But their shipping is slow and expensive. They sent out an e-mail a few months ago saying that they hired additional people and made some changes to improve shipping times. Obviously they know that shipping has been an issue for customers, but it doesn't seen like they've improved. Give me slow and cheap, fast and cheap, or fast and expensive, but not slow and expensive!

I've had the RC N3 shocks on my XJ for about two months now. So far, I've only had street time, but they've done well. Bump absorption is good with no perceived wheel hop on sharper bumps, and slow speed damping is reasonable as well. For larger bumps such as the speed control bumps on some streets around here, the vehicle returns to ride height after the bump without additional oscillations. Compared to the previous shocks (RC N2.2), the vehicle follows road contours a bit more, but is a bit more supple on sharper bumps. Will be interesting to see how they do offroad.

Back