• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Had an interesting summer job opportunity pop up...I am usually not very busy I'm the summer so I've been looking at anything that seems interesting in the area so I don't have to leave town so much. There was an old posting for a boat rental and maintenance supervisory position at one of the resorts next to home. Sounds like it pays okay and would be 7-3 Monday through Friday from June to Sept...mostly changing oil and spark plugs, but the owner got really interested when I told him him how much work I've actually done on boats and wants to have an interview soon. Last guy was there 17 years and the resort has great reviews....

It has piqued my interest

Anybody got any recommendations on a catalytic converter to put under the zj? Its getting new o2 sensors and flowmaster 40 series put on it and am just gonna replace the cat while im down there and be down with it all. Should i stick with stock or go for an aftermarket?

Installing a new radiator in the 2000 limited. Everything was going easy, but I knew there was one part that I was dreading to do....

The damn lower radiator transmission cooler line.

When I did the radiator in the 2000 rebuilder xj, it was a pain, but I got the four prong connector off with a small screwdriver. It helped that everything in front of the radiator was gone.

But this one as having none of it. Tried the plastic QD tool, the metal QD one too, and some handheld ones too. But no luck on any of them. Quite frustrated at this point.

So I borrowed a cordless angle grinder(omg, where have you been my life), and just cut the damn hose. I will get some 3/8" or 5/16" trans line and some hose clamps and call it done. Some say that fix won't last, and it might not. I'll just keep an eye on it. If something happens, I will get a new line and be done with it.

another reason that manual transmissions are better. I hate that line.
THe radiators wit ha screw in fitting are way better, at least then you can unscrew the barb and deal with the fitting. I nearly cut it off the last one I did on the 01. After I broke the metal QD tool I had and had to resort to the plastic one. Somehow I got that bastard off.

Yea ive seen those that iron rock has. Thought about them but don't know if i will really see that much gains going with a performance cat over a oem style cat. Plus i already have the muffler so mainly just need a good cat to go with it. Might try to start adding a little power to 5.2 in the grand.

Re: Re: Important

Anybody got any recommendations on a catalytic converter to put under the zj? Its getting new o2 sensors and flowmaster 40 series put on it and am just gonna replace the cat while im down there and be down with it all. Should i stick with stock or go for an aftermarket?
So, was the short you found the only problem with your jeep?

Haven't heard otherwise....

He would be better off going straight to them on that, I have to charge in state sales tax to anyone in Indiana...7% adds up.

Well I'll be getting ahold of you for that set up in the some what near future for Heidi's 5.9.

So, was the short you found the only problem with your jeep?

Haven't heard otherwise....

Yea it sucks that that one little wire was causing all the problems. Wish i would have found it down there instead of a couple days after we got back home. Thats just where me and wiring are not the best of friends yet. Still confuses me on a bunch of it but learning slowly.

Wife has a phone conference with the bosses today. We are a little concerned they may try to lay her off. They are not the greatest people and are trying to cut some corners and costs. Because she is not in the office, I don't thin they realize the volume of work she does so firing her saves a few bucks but will be really stupid on their parts. I'm crossing my fingers, but I don't trust them at all

Machine is still down, has been since Tuesday. We've tracked down the most likely cause then the electricians walked away 2.5 hours away and have yet to return. I'd do something but it's kinda hard to when the critical machine is down....

Back