• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Hi Y'all,
I'm new to NAXJA but not so new to wheelin.
this is my rig spec 1998 XJ Cherokee Classic

* 4.0L, Auto, NP231
* Chrysler 8.25 w/PowerTrax No-Slip rear locker
* HP 30 open w/ Currie weld on LCA bracket skids
* Tom Woods Custom DS & HD SYE
* Rusty's Diff guards F&R
* Tomken 2X4 rock rails and tranny skid
* Skidrow Transfer Case and Gas tank skids
* Turbo-city oil pan protection
* JKS Disco's & no rear sway bar
* 4.5" Lift w/3"Superlift w/ full leaf pak and Rusty's 1 3/4" coil spacers and 1 1/2" lift shackles
* Skyjacker LCA
* Superlift Shocks
* Tomken rear bumper for tow point and front tow hooks
* Shaved rear shock mounts
* 32X11.50 Goodyear MT/R on ARE Rock krawler 15X8 wheels
* DynaMax Ultra Flo Welded Muffler
* Rusty's stainless braided brake lines
* 20# CO2 for OBA
* Misc. HiLift/CB/Fire Ext /Shovel/ Tow strap/Spares/etc
* plenty of on trail body customization

http://www.jonfund.com/albums/album96/SGXJ.sized.jpg

Daniel aka Bootlegger VP www.jonfund.com

finally paid for my NAXJA membership last night... :)

got my 2001 Solar Yellow XJ Sport in May 2005, and it's still stock. Well, I added Rustys tow hooks and a Class III hitch+reciver hook and strap and a CB, but... :) The XJ is a Sport, but it's got yellow/black leather seats and some other options that must have been custom ordered by the first owner. 4.0, Auto, D30/D35, no ABS.

I've wheeled it a bit for being stock, and after replacing the only real trail damage last night (crossmember customization at Rausch Creek), it's back to running smooth and quiet. I replaced the factory tires with 225/75/15 Dueler Revos and love them. Taken it on blue trails (and one low black) and haven't gotten stuck yet. I get stuck mudding, but that's because I drop the diffs or the whole frame on the ruts.

A Rubicon Express 3.5" lift is in the future, but probably not until 2007 unless I get a significant income boost to pay for the lift, SYE, and new tires. Figure it's best to enjoy it stock until I can put on a good sized lift instead of throwing money at budget lifts.

498IMG_4556-med.jpg

498IMG_9944-med.jpg

Hello...
love your show
long time listener, first time caller...

My toy is a black '96 sport
just put in an OX up front and powertrax in the rear :sunshine:
no pic to post just yet, but all in due time.

Can't wait for NACfest...
hope to see you all there :shocked:

Derik here.
Been a member for 2 years, gonna make NACFEST for the first time this year. Not sure it will hold together for 3 days at Paragon. The greens really beat the poor thing up. :shiver:

IMG_1401a.jpg

nicerocka.jpg

Hi,
My name is Matt, Im from th cape but I live in Kuwait right now.
I have a '91 XJ 4.5" 33-12.50 MT/Rs 5spd all locked up.OBA
but its dead/dying,

Im in the process of building a '97 Black 2dr 5spd, with a D44 front, arb chromo axles longfield joints 4.88s, Taco Elocker rear, 6.5RK Xfactor, 35" MT/Rs

Im either gonna give my '91 carcass away or fill it with scrap metal and cash it in. Ill sell the lift cheap, or trade it for something.
I like to go doorless, Im a member of Underground Jeeps.
billyMT21.jpg

shoes2.jpg

Hello everyone! My name is Tim and I am located in Richmond, VA. I have been interested in Jeeps (primarily XJs) for years, but I continued in the "car scene" until several of my co-workers took me wheeling about a year ago. That is officially when I knew I had to bite the bullit, sell my cars, and buy an XJ. After searching for a year, and almost settling on some clunkers, I finally found the rig I own today (purchased about three months ago). It is a '00 XJ with 52,000 miles on it. Although I didn't build this rig to its current standpoint, I am very proud of it. Here is a list of goodies:

*6.5" Rock Krawler long arm (this is the rig RK used to develope this lift...it's the gray '00 on their website under the 6.5" longarm lift)
*Antirock swaybar system
*Bilstein 5150 shocks
*4:10 gears
*lockrite lockers front and rear
*33X12.50 MTR
*Custom prototype RK front and rear bumpers
*7000 lbs Champion (Sam's club special) winch
*SYE
*Ron Woods driveshaft
*8 1/4 rear axle
*Dana 30 front axle
*Cut fenders with Bushwacker flares
*Rock Rails
*Revolver shackles

As noted above, this rig is the rig RK used to develope their 6.5" longarm system. I've only wheeled it three times, but I love this thing. I've never had a more enjoyable time in any vehicle I've owned.

I will be taking this rig to BigDogs at the end of this month to REALLY put it through it's paces with me. I crushed a factory front lower control arm bracket the weekend before last, so I'm just waiting for my Rusty's upgrades to come in. I also have RK lower control arm reinforcement/skids that I am going to try and use with the Rusty's units. I won't be crushing that again!

Last edited:
I will be taking this rig to BigDogs at the end of this month to REALLY put it through it's paces with me. I crushed a factory front lower control arm bracket the weekend before last, so I'm just waiting for my Rusty's upgrades to come in. I also have RK lower control arm reinforcement/skids that I am going to try and use with the Rusty's units. I won't be crushing that again![/QUOTE]

You didn't need to cut the lower contolr arm mounts when the long arm went in?

Will also be at Big Dogs Ice Breaker. Should see ya there.

Derik

Hey, I'm new here, was told about this place by MeavyMetal.

My name is Phil and I work for a gunsmith in my town.

My Rig:

Image00009.jpg

---1989 Jeep XJ Cherokee Pioneer---
Rubicon Express 6025 3.5" Super Ride
Adjustable Track Bar
31x10.5 Procomp MudTerrains on Black Steel Rims
C4x4 Tow Hooks
Class III Hidden Hitch w/ Warn Reciever Shackle
JKS Quick Disconnects
Front Doorless Mod

Stuff to come:
Safari Rack
Gun Rack
Skids and Armor

When I moved back home from pittsburgh I was given this car as a graduation present...and I quickly started dumping money into it. I've only had the jeep for a few months now, got it back at the end of January. I didn't have a car in pittsburgh, so it was a well deserved present.

Not much really to say. I figured I spent enough money on my firearms, now I have to put some into my Jeep.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm Jeremy and new to Jeeps and wheelin'. I used to sell VW's and took an XJ in on trade so I snatched it up. Here are a couple pics of it last July 4th, my first day wheelin it is bone stock aside from the Thule rack.

gettin ready to pull my buddys yota out
538725592_l.jpg

538725946_l.jpg

Since then I put a Rusty's 3" AAL and 30" A/T's on it. Nothing too crazy as my budget is meager and it is now my DD since I am selling my GTI. I also got a hook up from a good friend on an ARB front bull bar and a set of Olympic rock rails. Alos got a custom cargo box / sub box for the rear cargo area, and have some IPF replacement head lights and Hella 500's on the way.

I don't know a whole lot about it other than it is a 2001 5spd sport. I beleive it has the Chrysler 8.25 rear diff, power windows and factory fogs. And just found out my throwout bearing is bad, so time for a clutch replacement in the very near future i guess.

I'm itchin to do some more wheelin when ever I can, and hopefully will make some meet & greets / trail rides.

Here's a pic of my GTI for the hell of it
538724252_l.jpg

Hey! I'm Mike.
I'm runnin' an 87 XJ, 6" TerraFlex / Rubicon Ex. / Nth Degree long arm lift,(soon to be 8") 33 Truxus M/Ts, D44 locked rear, D30 open front. ARB front bumper with Superwinch 9000. Roof rack, full size spare. 60" high lift, Cobra CB, 2000 watt soud system Yada Yada Yada and so on ...
79 FS Cherokee 360 bored 30 over, t-176 44 front, AMC 20 rear Plow Truck
(next project)
89 Wrangler 2" lift 31's CJ nose.
Sorry no pics.
OIIIIIIIO

Hi,

I'm Dave. I'm in Huntington, VT. I have a stock 99 sport, and a lifted/thrashed ebay special 1996 sport. 34" Ltb's, powertrax in the rear, home fabbed front/rear rock bumpers, home fabbed rock sliders, revolver shackles, and roughly 6" of lift. I can't wait to leave this desert paradise(Balad AB) and hit some trails. :patriot:

Sorry, no pics at this time:badpc:

Nope. I'm with the 158th FW, VTANG. I'm working base fuels here as a driver. I just love being in a gated community, and still living in a single wide trailor.:laugh3: Actually, this really
isn't bad. I've lived in much worse conditions in the Marine Corps than what I'm living in now. I've got about a month left.
:cheers:

Oh, before I forget. I must give credit where credit is due. The bumpers and sliders on my jeep were fabricated by Damien Aube.

Hi - I be mothy

I have owned a TJ (95), two libertys(00,03), a GC (05) - all stock. Wife claims the last three are hers - but I paid for them, so I they are mine.

I recently sold my 03 Golf and bought a 92 XJ.

I moved from the midwest 18 months ago for a job in Boston - wife came too. Damn - Boston is expensive!
The cost of living difference is one reason for the sale of the Golf.

My XJ is a daily driver so it will get TLC initially and will get abused later. LONG list of wants/needs - always looking for a bargain.

I frequent here and JU .

--
mothy

Back