• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whatchya gotta get done

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering what mods and non mods we all have to do. I've got front locker probs and a hub to replace. I need to flip my rear springs around also. Other than that I think I'm good to go. I doubt I'll get any wheelin' in before then so I shouldn't break anything else :roll:

Sean

Adjust my steering box, adjust my caster so I can steer and drive with the front shaft installed, need to do some semi major fendor triming and I need to drop my newly installed tank and fix the fuel level sending unit.

I may pull the rest of my interior and Hurculine the floor but I'm thinking that may wait till spring when it gets warm again.

Oh ya and I definatly need to get my CD changer back in there so I've got some tunes to listen to. If not I'll go crazy if I have to listen to Beezil all day long on the CB. :roll:

Fix slow pass side pwr window.
Touch up rock chips on the bottom of rocker guards.
Shampoo carpet.
Track down slight vibe at 80 mph.
Wax shocks.
Polish my knob. (it's a manual).
Replace cracked driver side cup holder.
Whew, lots to do, better get Jeeves off the Bently and on to the XJ.

Re: Why flip the rear springs around?

[quote:e478e332ae="trailblazer93xj"]What effect would that do?[/quote:e478e332ae]

Would what do?

Re: Why flip the rear springs around?

[quote:9d7b0f3155="Anonymous"][quote:9d7b0f3155="trailblazer93xj"]What effect would that do?[/quote:9d7b0f3155]

Would what do?[/quote:9d7b0f3155]

Sorry, That was me, I forgot to log in after I dumped my cookies.

I was thinkin' the same thing. Those Missouri types- I don't know if we should let them come out and play with us.

Sean

60s.............

There is a possibility that I'll have 60s in front and rear...if not that's the first project after winterfest...

a cage also tops the priority list as well...

mac 'big projects on the table' gyvr

Sean,

Are you sure that is all you have to do.

Hiem?

Welding bracket for traction bar?

Make it pretty?

mark
orgs mfg

[quote:866cf64b7f="MRHinkley"]Sean,

Are you sure that is all you have to do.

Hiem?

Welding bracket for traction bar?

Make it pretty?[/quote:866cf64b7f]

Mark, he needs friends like you to remind him, or else he'll just work on unimportant things like the heater!! :)

BTW, what do you mean "make it pretty"? Sean's rig is BEAUTIFUL! :D

Richard G

I'm probably not going to worry about the traction bar, and I'm definately not doing anything about the heim. I'm redesigning the front suspension this winter and don't want to waste money on upgrading something that I'm going to throw away. And like Goat said, it's [b:7d42d7b96e]BEAUTIFUL[/b:7d42d7b96e].

Sean

[quote:f03ebc5f06="OneTonXJ"]I need to flip my rear springs around also.[/quote:f03ebc5f06]

Thats what I was Asking about. :shock: What effect does that have?

Wheelbase modification. Go get your tape measure out and check your center pin to spring eye distances. I was going to do it, but RE doesn't use the stock offset and it'll be too much work and I might need a new driveshaft.

Sean

let's see,
install 8.8 (got the perches ground off last night, so we are moving along)
regear front to 4.10 to match 8.8
put the mini spool in the 8.8
cut out rockers and replace with 2x6 tubing (picking that up today)
pull t-case again, and fix front seal leak, and see if I can figure out the clicking noise inside. Have had it apart, and can't find anything wrong. Still works fine, so I may say screw it!
Got the other wheels mounted up this weekend.
Need to intall a front locker once the money comes in (stupid Christmas)
How necessary is an engine tranny skid? Don't have one, and wondering if it is necessary for Attica? We don't have rocks in Central IL.
Was going to add 2" of lift, but don't have the funding right now.
Oh, and try and slow down some of the oil leaks.
Good thing I am trailering this thing!

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the skid. In all the time I've been wheelin' I've only landed on my tranny once. Funny thing is, it was at the Badlands, stupid stump at the top of a breakover. You've got plenty of time for the rest of it, take it easy and don't rush and screw it up.

Sean

yeah, I still have plenty of time. Just taking my time in the evenings, and it shouldn't be a problem. Picked up the steel last night, so I will cut the rockers out early next week. Still gathering odds and ends for the axle swap. Should have all that by next week. Can't tear into this week, because I have to use the thing for deer season, starting tomorrow!
Thinking I will opt for the front locker, over the tranny skid, but not sure yet. I have wheeled it fully locked, and with only the rear locked, and I do like the ability of getting the front up on stuff. Will have to decide on this later. Sean, if you were choosing between the two, which would you go with? I am thinking locker, since I have wheeled it for 2 years now without the tranny skid, and have had no problems. I am just not used to rocks, so it makes it harder for me to decide. Only riding on 3.5" of lift, but on 32" Swampers.

The dreaded jeep killing stump....

Sean, the stump you refer too is GONE! I guess someone finally got tired of it, its been gone for about 6 months...

Btw, I've never ran a tranny skid and as of yet (knocking on wood), haven't landed on it....

mac 'that stump took out a lot of jeeps' gyvr

I didn't have anything to do untill today. One of the guys i work with was scouring the junkyards today and found a Dana 44 :lol: for the rear of my XJ. It came out of an 87 XJ and he got it for me from drum to drum. Now all i have to do is go through it and make sure everything is ok and bolt her in. Since im dooing that anyway I might add a budget boost for a little more clearance.

Warn shafts arrived today with a couple of CTMs as well, will be installing tonight and then to fight with the beedlocks tommorow night. Hopefully nothing will break at Telico dec.27-29. I'll be ready

Back