• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

Notnsuv
You going out this weekend? I could be tempted to come down with the goose kneck sunday maybe.
Its actually easier and kinda a fun trip just to go to elko compared possibly breaking truck trailer or both going to jarbidge
Do you have cool trails closer, or normaly go towards jarbidge?

How do you even get to jarbidge? I think i can get to jarbidge in 2 hours from here.

That is doing 65ish across the bombing range crossing fingers for no flats or drop down from twin i think. I honestly only off hand know how to get there from mtn home and its dirt nearly the hole way.

Slowxj
Im looking forward to your winch competition.
I think i saw the vid. I think the cracked winch was due to the winch being bolted together crooked then bolting it down crooked cracked it. I alsi think he was givin a replacement body or entire winch or something like that not sure but i did watch a video on cracked 12k.
Scotts didnt crack and also hasnt been used yet.

Currently editing youd be proud Anak, grammar is not my strong suite i was born bread and still live in the dirt.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Evan,

You're probably gonna see this 3 times. Forum is acting weird or it's operator error. PM'd you the same note.

Funny you should ask. Got a call from a friend last night, wants me to take his buddy & wife into my 'honey-hole' for a cow elk (her tag, 1st elk). Camp will be west of Jarbidge on the west side of the Bruneau so quite a drive to Jarbidge from there, but a nice drive. Find Wildhorse Reservoir, that's the general vicinity we'll be in.
However, I'm going up this Wednesday afternoon earliest, or Thursday early for the day/evening scout (tag opens Friday). Home Friday night latest if I stay for the hunt.

BUT.. I'm driving to Bend, OR to pickup my new TJ Unlimited Sunday, look, inspect, drive, buy, trailer home Monday afternoon. So, no wheeling this weekend other than scouting for a cow. Good trails to do that tho' so if you were around I could show you around.

Club is talking taking 'custodialship' of the private (un-maintained) campground near Jarbidge and we're hoping for cleanup day or weekend if anyone has touched base with the owners. Talk is for another couple days there but not sure if/when/who. I will put a bee in their bonnet to see if I can't make it happen. Unfortunately, hunting season is Aug-Dec so camp spots can be iffy.

Also, DO NOT PULL A GOOSENECK OR 5TH WHEEL TO JARBIDGE, EVER.

Sorry for shouting. It's a story all it's own of me pulling my 32' 5'er and Yamaha Wolverine trailer (yup, double) up there a few weeks ago via Rogerson, ID. Never again. Got lucky going in by not meeting ANY opposing traffic on the skinny little rough road and had a buddy lead me out with my Yamaha trailer and GMRS radio to stop traffic so we could get by one another. And on the way out he hits me up on the radio to pull off if possible. I managed to be blessed with a nice full pullout to let 2 service trucks and 2 loaded Low-Boys go by. I would have been one screwed pooch if he hadn't been in front of me. Backing a 5th or goose is tough enough on a single track road with the Jarbidge River (a crick in Montana or Idaho) on one side and sheer cliff on the other, let alone if I'd been doubled up.

So, if we make this happen we'll find a camp spot outside Jarbidge immediate area and wheel in from there.

Whew.. I'm outta breath.

Weve pulled lots of stuff to jarbidge aswell as truck and pup dirt trucks. lost a hand full of tires.

Im confused. Your going to brunea area tonight and home friday.

Wild horse and brunea aren't that close to eachother. Maybe two brunea areas?

Dammit.

How many varmintscare going to claim one zj.

There are 3 of them.

Only one of them drives at the moment, but Varmint #2 has his permit and will probably be driving within a few months. Those two will have to sort out logistics between them for a while. I have a 2wd 5spd XJ down in SoCal that I need to drag up here and then that will become available for them as well.

So one of the things i dislike about my rig the most is the seat its dreadfully uncomfortable after spending a few hours in it.

After looking at cheap ebay options then stumbling onto prp and utv forumns then finding they might be nice.
Then looking for a close vender. Then researching what go fast utvs might come standerd with prp so i can sit in one. I never did sit in one.

Somewhere around 5 weeks from now this seat will get here yes just one for now. If i love it ill order a passenger.

I wont be running a harness just the factory belt.

5 weeks ughhh i think im more excited about this seat than coilovers that took forever get on my rig

I did try to find a vender that had stock on hand ready to ship but failed so i orderd directly through prp.

Lots of material and color options when putting together a seat. Sometimes options aren't good 🤪

Last pic is the actual seat i orderd in a xj i think photo might be from here but from 100 years ago. Yes i like the tan.

I picked the daily driver because its a smaller seat also has a narrower mounting width that i think i can work with easier.

And yes im not very tall or wide so dont need a massive seat.
c1022eca9edca3611f7a34c65d681683.jpg
17ed11ac6d89dae9ba56900e5a5ca7f9.jpg
393d1c22789c41ad95dfcb2cd83551f7.jpg
1c3757964fa0bead3dc0160c12c87a34.jpg
0602b3c1cdcdadfb4ea2b9d7845661b3.jpg
2819e82db5dac461c0933b0e569364d0.jpg
fd4034f7cba41cfd138ee0caabc23bca.jpg

Cool.

Once you get it I want to check it out and see if I like the fit.

I hear you on the options. But one of their options that really appeals to me is the built in hydration system. I spend most of my life desperate for a drink of water. The idea of a built in hydration system is cooler than sliced bread.

Will do.

Ive been emailing prp trying to get a response on getting samples. I thought about some diamond stitch and might do Cordura.

I do not like that prp is ignoring emails.

They are probably understaffed like everyone else. It seems every place I set foot has "Help Wanted" signs.

Don't know how tall you are, or how high/lifted your rig is, but getting your right butt cheek over that side bolster may be problematic? :dunno:

Most likly im shorter than most and my rig is average lifted height.

Yes a compromise in convince most likly was made to have hopefully comfortable secure seats. My entire xj has been a compromise in one way or another.
I could very well hate the seat, But not likly

I tend to do alot of research and have a good idea of what im getting into before i get into it.

Im definitely not one to say i like them even if i dont will admit if im wrong or made a wrong choice.

Appletreeauto.com
Has prp daily driver look a likes pair cost about the same as a single pro

Ive become bitter watching the government herd up theyre worthless cattle.

I'm very impressed with ride quality and handling.
My track bar seems to be in the oil pan more so I've fixed that problem and lso done some measuring for shocks.
16" calapsed is wht I have and where I want to stay but go Ionger to 28-30exstended.
After measuring ive found a couple more inches of droop makes a huge difference.

The coolest part about these arms is I can drop the coils early. Just by unvoting one shock end.

Finding long loweres paired with short uper is nothing compared to all 3 long rms. I wsnt terribly impressed with just long lowered.

All brake dive is gone and supringly its pretty stable thugh I do thnk id like firmer feeling shocks some bumps almost kind a flat tire feeling not sure how to explain.

My damn drive lines hitting the down pipe . Seems like I constantly battle that.

Last pics is all the shocks have I was going to order some longer ones but the sme calapsed length but remembered I had to pay bills shit. So I guess thee will work and really this isn't a rock crawler anyways

8b1764f2e5c4f5fc36b1322509dd958b.jpg
6955ba2f7bc97e7185e83f9dc3a87fcb.jpg
b16fc4a9fa4b9a640975c3e7c6e64f20.jpg
f120c62b6b0ca4ec95212229e7011b3a.jpg
25279c7ea48f39ee7a591c3f80a00e19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Woah, that certainly looks like a lot of work! How much money did u spend though?

Yep. That is the problem.

It isn't that someone could send an email from home. It's that there isn't a someone. The someone decided they would rather be one of the cattle, living easy in the feedlot.

Doing exhaust on a cat 3406. This is a un scheduled project. Everyounce in awhile my hobby tools help pay for fun stuff. Though i do consider this fun.

I have a chrome tip but he just wants it straight he supplied the rusty pipe.

Plan is to burn it then hes going to paint it black
41a81ebbd10f2c058b5ba874c46a5ad0.jpg
a6a599ac502d28f666f445f536e8853d.jpg
b07b7b871c7325cefafc1fabc189dcfa.jpg
bb0aae5d866d9649631f1e030ddd4ee9.jpg
f52b053639077f0683984fb2c76235b2.jpg

I love my prps. They recently moved buildings, not sure if that has anything to do with not getting a response. Both my brother and i had awesome customer service when we went to their shop.

Back