• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

What are you using for your frame side panhard bracket? I'm sure you Mentioned it, but I'm really lazy haha

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Pretend I edited photo in last reply
803f783b59f01a1a169b278d62444076.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Dammit scooter
de7ee754d4f574ab707fda71d416ef41.jpg

It'll save you headache down the line bro... warped rotors, them grooves the pads make and stick in on the calipers.. all poop. Plus these look Sexier!
You find those wear grooves after I mentioned em or what?

It'll save you headache down the line bro... warped rotors, them grooves the pads make and stick in on the calipers.. all poop. Plus these look Sexier!
You find those wear grooves after I mentioned em or what?
Sexier than socks on a Rooster!

One was missing the long outer retainer spring none of the local stores had hardware kits.

Figure if I'm gonna polish this turd I better polish it good.

Also found caliper bolts today.

Headed to the shop to look for a clunk on Scott's iron rock wj. Make plans to do a trail tomorrow. So ill get to break something tomorrow maybe.

Brakes bled checked all bolts everywhere greased, tires have 15psi. The tire I mounted is holding solid. Winch cable could use a respooling but not till on the trail. Added another 30ft strap and a 16ft chain. Sometimes another 30 40 ft is the difference from a solid anchor or not.

Thinking seriously about upgraded to the badlands 12k warn killer. Last Winch fest had the engo 9k very hot. It winched an entire climb after the front axle gave out, a few hundred yards.

Pretty fun stuff I think. Lol.

0512cb1d98c630ce2f5cf372bfb11648.jpg
871260d56bec7dcbe413d4cafbca06ff.jpg

Check out wranglerstar on YouTube about the warn 12k... it broke the body of the winch. I'm not bad mouthing it by any means. My buddy runs one, although he hasn't used it yet

I also don't have anything against warn. If I was going to buy warn it would be a old 8274.
In the recent years warn has been forced to compete with the imported market and is losing.

Here is the warn killer
It's the badlands apex 12k. It goes on sale a few times a year for 429 and is spanking the crap out of the 1800$ warn

APEX 12,000 lb. Winch with Synthetic Rope and Wireless Remote
https://www.harborfreight.com/apex-12000-lb-winch-with-synthetic-rope-and-wireless-remote-56385.html

I wouldn’t call the badlands 12k a ‘Warn 8,000 pound winch’ killer and I’m not even biased towards Warn. The Hazard Fraught brands are getting a bunch of followers because they’re cheap. I bet you couldn’t rebuild the Badland if anything broke. Everyone buys a new one if it breaks ‘because they’re so cheap.’

I think it would be a big challenge to mount an 8274 to a cherokee. They mount from the front unlike winches today mounting from the top/bottom.

80 ft of winch line isn’t enough in lots of places. To say this kills a winch rated for 2 tons less having almost double the winch line is laughable at best. I could double up the Warn and have a 16,000 pound winch you’d say is killed by your 12,000 pound winch.

No I wouldn't rebuild a badlands apex I'll pay 60 bucks for the protection plan and they'll give me a new one.

I'm most certainly could mount a 8274 on a Cherokee but it might look kinda goofy being as tall as the grill

The 8274 probly could out run a 12k apex.

Not entirely sure what you mean by how the 8274 mounts. The winch I'm pretty sure doesn't mount to a vertical surface well like a plastic grill.

It's just rumored as the warn killer I'd assume that it probably is because warn has been forced to compete with imported products warn now does a fair of importing themselves with the cheap line of winches
I'd love to have the new 10k 8274 but 2400 for a winch is hard to swallow especially since there's zero chance that it's of equal quality to the 8274 from yesterday
I did look the 8274 and it has a standard mounting pattern will bolt in places that traditional shaped winches bolt into to. It's height is It's handicap

We Americans are killing good businesses like warn. Myself included I feel bad for being that guy but I can't afford this any other way.

Yes pulling all the cable out and straight pulling is hard on a winch but no choice unless I pack 180ft of cable. The 8274 can hold 150 ft of 3/8 syn rope I think 125 of cable. This would make it more easily capable to double back and take a load off itself

When the cheap winches are melted down for recycle the 8274s will be witching on

When my buddy finishes covid my m8000 and his badlands 12k are doing some competition lol

Also I believe the apex holds 80 ft of cable while the m8 is 100..... I did some digging when I was deciding and one reason I went with an m8 was speed under load. With 6k lbs it should be faster than any of the Chinese winches even the warn evo's.... but my main reason was it fit where I wanted to put it so..... hahaha

Run whatever gets you on the trail! People make to big of a deal about name,color, and weather they kill kittens in the process! When you get the apex let's hear some comparisons between it and your current

I'm waiting for it to go on sale. It goes down to 429 currently 629

Getting the apex is a wanted thing the engo is still working. I do watch the used winches for sale and am not tied to anyone brand

Please details on how to finish covid cause this shit is getting old.

Right!?
Goofy friend actually got it and is in quarantine... that's what I was referring to...

Ohhh shit. Yeah lots I've my family has had it. I think ounce it's all done most everyone will have had it

Back