• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To-Do list

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Well, since the event forum's up, I guess I'll start the traditional "what do I have to get done for NACFest" thread:

- Install Circle-S rear bumper brackets
- Install IRO gas tank
- Test/replace battery
- Test winch/respool line

Think that's all I have to do, but I'll add if I find something else needing doing...

The things we need to do are:
1) Put Jeep in shop to get rears look at--------------Done
2) Reinstall front driveshaft--------Done
3) Alignment Steering wheel off.
Short list this time but probably the most expensive this time.

Last edited:
Must do:
Replace all my bent leaf springs.
Adjust my pinion angle.
Replace d44 yoke.
T-case output seal.
Install rear drive shaft.
Frame side shackle bushings.

Wish list:
Repair rotted frame sections.
Fix pitman arm hitting tiered.
Idk I'm sure there's other stuff.

Install ebrakes Done just needs final adjustment and a zip tie
Paint and install rear bumper- Don't think Im going to have the time to get this done.
Hope it still drives ok on the highway- Who knows what's gonna happen with this. It hasn't seen over 30 mph in 2+ years

Last edited:
Hey, I actually wrenched this weekend!

I nearly completed the install of my Circle-S brackets on Saturday (got stymied by discovering I need longer bolts for the bumper brackets, now that there's that piece of this steel between them and the body). I bumped the Circle-S thread over in Mod Tech with my impressions of the install, if anyone's interested.

Dropping the OEM gas tank skid resulted in two shocks and some significant relief...

Shock1: I must have found 10 or more pounds of dried dirt/mud (and a pile of layers of rust peelings) inside that darn thing - clearly the drain holes aren't worth much. I may have to consider a periodic cleaning ritual with the new skid - last thing I want to do is replace another gas tank.

Shock 2: The bottom front-facing corners are rotted out worse than I initially thought. Very glad I decided to get a new skid for this year.

Relief: Before I handed this tank off to the shop to install, I coated it completely with "FlexSeal" to protect it (whatever it looked to be coated with didn't look like it'd last too long). Even after at least 5 years with all that mud packed around it inside the skid, it appears that stuff did and is still doing its job - no signs of rust that I could see on the tank, thankfully.

Front diff cover
Roof rack
Track bar bushing
Psc pulley
Ps reservoir o-ring
Fenders doors paint and oil pan if I get crazy.

Must do:
Replace all my bent leaf springs. DONE JUST WAITING ON NEW U BOLTS
Adjust my pinion angle. MAYBE DONE
Replace d44 yoke.
T-case output seal.
Install rear drive shaft.
Frame side shackle bushings. DONE

Wish list:
Repair rotted frame sections.
Fix pitman arm hitting tiered.
Idk I'm sure there's other stuff.

Sadly I don't have a to-do list yet, as I'm racing at Line Mountain this weekend, so who the hell knows what the outcome of that will be :cry: :laugh:

Either way I'll be up Thursday night, either with the buggy if it survives, or just hanging out. :cheers:

edit: Hey Rich, I don't know when you're headed up to Pine Grove, but if you're planning on making a week out of it, perhaps come check out Line Mountain this Saturday :)

Last edited:
Sadly I don't have a to-do list yet, as I'm racing at Line Mountain this weekend, so who the hell knows what the outcome of that will be :cry: :laugh:

Either way I'll be up Thursday night, either with the buggy if it survives, or just hanging out. :cheers:

edit: Hey Rich, I don't know when you're headed up to Pine Grove, but if you're planning on making a week out of it, perhaps come check out Line Mountain this Saturday :)

I would love to do that, but unfortunately I won't be up there this weekend. But definitely keep me posted as to the next time you're there for that, I'd like to check it out.

Still working on the skid - stupid little tailpipe hanger plate's refusing to come out so the passenger side bracket will lay flat in the rail . Next round (trying to drill out the welds holding it in) will be Saturday.

SooAnd new item - need to adjust LF door and/or striker - getting a little bit of a leak in the rain, resulting in a wet driver's seat. May order a new seal for it too (the 97+ style I've been running for about 10 years), but want to try fiddling the aligment of the door and striker first.

Still working on the skid - stupid little tailpipe hanger plate's refusing to come out so the passenger side bracket will lay flat in the rail . Next round (trying to drill out the welds holding it in) will be Saturday.

SooAnd new item - need to adjust LF door and/or striker - getting a little bit of a leak in the rain, resulting in a wet driver's seat. May order a new seal for it too (the 97+ style I've been running for about 10 years), but want to try fiddling the aligment of the door and striker first.

I have door seals Rob, no need to buy one if your fix doesn't work out. Let me know.
Rich

Replace valve cover gasket
Replace Transmission filter
Tweak the front end (death wobbles, but only while towing (?))
Pick up shirts/water/firewood/sodas and snacks for you jerks.

I have door seals Rob, no need to buy one if your fix doesn't work out. Let me know.
Rich

Thank.

Now i Can you bring one along to Tf the weldhere's a section on the one I have now at the top of the door that seems to have deformed differently than the rest, and that may not be a good sign for the overall health of the seal; even if I can tighten things up by adjusting, it might be smarter in the long run to just swap it out anyway (which only takes about 5 minutes).s holding that stupid little plate in the passenger frame rail would just cooperate and let go tomorrow so I can finish the skid install and get the bumper back on, I'd be very happy guy...

Install ebrakes Done just needs final adjustment and a zip tie
Paint and install rear bumper- Don't think Im going to have the time to get this done.
Hope it still drives ok on the highway- Who knows what's gonna happen with this. It hasn't seen over 30 mph in 2+ years

Well put some new wipers on today, replaced the leaky heater valve and did final adjustments on the ebrake. Drove it but could only get to about 45 in traffic and a caliper locked up. Didn't have the tools with me so I need to order a caliper and go back maybe tomorrow after work. If not than no jeep

Thank.

Now i Can you bring one along to Tf the weldhere's a section on the one I have now at the top of the door that seems to have deformed differently than the rest, and that may not be a good sign for the overall health of the seal; even if I can tighten things up by adjusting, it might be smarter in the long run to just swap it out anyway (which only takes about 5 minutes).s holding that stupid little plate in the passenger frame rail would just cooperate and let go tomorrow so I can finish the skid install and get the bumper back on, I'd be very happy guy...

Sure I'll dig one up.

Well put some new wipers on today, replaced the leaky heater valve and did final adjustments on the ebrake. Drove it but could only get to about 45 in traffic and a caliper locked up. Didn't have the tools with me so I need to order a caliper and go back maybe tomorrow after work. If not than no jeep

I have faith in you.

I have faith in you.

Got out of work early enough thankfully. Replaced both front calipers just in case. Drove it an hour north to my townhouse and is as ready as its gonna be. Let's see if my landlord gets any complaints about it this week.

Back